Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Electric Gate problem

Options
  • 02-01-2021 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there.

I have an electric gate system to enter my driveway.
    When it was installed the company set up the SIM card and I would top it up. Worked a treat till I forgot to top up and I can’t reactivate it as it’s registered in company name.
    I went out and bought a payg sim from EIR and inserted it. I activated card in my phone first and removed sim password. Made and received calls fine via phones.
    When I try to call the gate now with new SIM card and number it just rings out instead of automatically rejecting call and opening gate.

Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

did you switch off power of gsm unit before you take off and put in new card ? If not you may kill a unit. The best way it's switch off power, wait 10 sec put power back, wait 5 min and check that's working. If not unit may be dead. Have you any photos of unit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Amad

did you switch off power of gsm unit before you take off and put in new card ? If not you may kill a unit. The best way it's switch off power, wait 10 sec put power back, wait 5 min and check that's working. If not unit may be dead. Have you any photos of unit ?

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I just took the SIM card out and replaced with new one whilst power was on. I turned off electrics afterwards when it wasn’t working and powered on again. Still rings out without picking up. I’ll try get a picture tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

HI

if you let us know what make / model, but you should never take out SIM while units are powered on

tech wrote: »
    HI

if you let us know what make / model, but you should never take out SIM while units are powered on

I can’t seem to find a name on it. Perhaps you can tell from the pictures attached.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

Amad wrote: »
    I can’t seem to find a name on it. Perhaps you can tell from the pictures attached.

Thanks again

Can’t help you regards the issue you’re having but it looks like some corrosion on the pcb( near c16)

• Advertisement

Sorry never saw that one before, are you sure you have no pin on the sim card? just in case its something easy like that?

there is noting on the board to identify the make / model, unless its on the other side of the board?

meercat wrote: »
    Can’t help you regards the issue you’re having but it looks like some corrosion on the pcb( near c16)

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I don't see the same corrosion meercat, I think it might be the solder crystalisation on the voltage regulator by C16 making the flash disperse, but I do see that one of the screw-heads is corroded.
    I'd be sticking a dollop of silicon sealant on the screw-heads though as the atmel controller is directly below the most rusted screw.

As for the GSM issue... here's another similar request.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057860801

meercat wrote: »

Thanks for the help guys. Managed to get a hold of user manual from the installation company.
    All I had to do in the end was register the phone numbers to the new sim via text message to it.

I’ll be putting some silicone on the screw. Good spot.

Thanks again guys

good stuff, what make / model was it ?

• Advertisement

tech wrote: »
    good stuff, what make / model was it ?

It was called 2T Technology Voyager

Advertisement