Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starlink

• 02-01-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/starlinkuk

Beta version coming to the uk, so hopefully be here soon also. Not cheap at £89 a month, however it will beat the hell out of any other satellite broadbands for monthly limits and ping etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I just placed an order for this. Haven't a clue whether they'll give it to me or not, but it will be fun to see if they do.

would love to fire out the current band of wasters that are inhabiting the broadband space currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Received the email today, but I've got much better internet since I first applied.
    Think I'll hold off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Tempted by this ...have Eir copper and getting about 20 mb on a good day . It would be good to get away from them . I am in an almost Urban area and perhaps the bit of competition may cause the existing operators to roll out FTTH. Apart from the price are there any major drawbacks with the Starlink service

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Theres another thread on this over here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058162799

Advertisement