Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baffle door question

Options
  • 02-01-2021 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Today I cleaned out the baffles on my firebird heatpac 82, to be frank its was a mess.

My issue is that when I put back on the chamber door (only 3 of the 4 bolts are present due to corrosion) smoke is visibly escaping as the seal isn't good (the soot that was in there over the years was probably acting as the seal.

I was going to use fire rope or something similar to get a better seal but would appreciate some input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

as its a heatpac boiler is outdoors which is a help

smoke escaping is not what you want to see it could be boiler just burning off residue but i doubt it

it can be sealed with high temp silicone but its only a temp job new boiler needed as yours must be 20 years plus after the 82 came the 90

just cleaning out the chamber is no good just on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Marcevo190

jimf wrote: »
    as its a heatpac boiler is outdoors which is a help

smoke escaping is not what you want to see it could be boiler just burning off residue but i doubt it

it can be sealed with high temp silicone but its only a temp job new boiler needed as yours must be 20 years plus after the 82 came the 90

just cleaning out the chamber is no good just on its own

Sealed it with high temp silicone alas it got smoked out again within a few hours unfortunately. Had plumber out and he's written it off - new condesor boiler to go in asap!

Advertisement