Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopath recommendation

Options
  • 01-01-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Happy New Year everyone. I was looking for some help for my poor sister in law who has an 11 week old boy. He is very uncomfortable after feeding (bf) and generally( squirming, crying). He has seen an osteopath and also started medication for reflux(Losec) and also used the colic drops to no avail. She would like to try a homeopath- would anyone have any recommendations please? At the moment they seem to be doing video calls so I’m not sure location matters (based Templeogue area in Dublin) but at the fee it costs I’d love her to get the best care she can.

Any help at all appreciated, thank you

Comments

Suggest you look into tongue ties

https://www.drjustinroche.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Has she seen a lactation consultant (IBCLC registered)? That would be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gonzo33

I can recommend Sandy Hudson, based in South Dublin. I went to her with my 1yo, it made such a difference to our lives at the time.
    I hope your sister in law finds some relief for her baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    I’d love her to get the best care she can.

Tell her to go to a doctor of medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Tell her to go to a doctor of medicine.
    I assume you mean a GP and she has already seen one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Hi Robyn, you're going to get slammed by many on this forum for uttering the words osteopath etc. I found the same about 7/8 months ago.

My daughter had bad reflux, was crying all the time for the first 3 months of her life. Only being new parents, and not having a clue, we didn't know it was reflux, and maddeningly, neither did the GP seem particularly interested in it, "she'll grow out of it/all babies cry it's normal/other unhelpful words". We spoke with other parents and determined it was most likely reflux, spoke to GP again, pushed for Losec.

I read in some other forum that the day the Losec kicks in "is like that moment when you leave a grey, miserable, rainy airport in a plane, and as you rise and burst through the clouds, the bright sun beams in your window and the blue skies are all around you". And while a tad dramatic, I can see what that poster was saying. One day the Losec just seemed to work. And the crying stopped, and the baby smiled. And her little personality got a chance to show itself, her pain had gone.

We tried the tablet first, crushing it down and syringing it, then the liquid version (very expensive) and back to tablet version. It took a few weeks, but it kicked in and changed her little life.

Anyway, at some point we were like you, desperate to do anything that could help. We tried an osteopath. Probably coincidence, but each time she went to him (went maybe 4 times) she didn't cry like a lunatic for a few hours after. I honestly do think it was coincidence, but we were desperate for anything to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

What did the doctor say?

It just sounds like wind to me.

Lactation consultant sounds good otherwise. Ask your gp about it.

Advertisement