Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Satellite frequencies gone after a retune

• 01-01-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭

I have lost the signal from these frequencies when I was watching a programme on Channel 5 HD. I lost the signal & can't get them back.

10714 H 22000
    10773 H 22000
    10964 H 22000
    11023 H 22000

Is my dish slightly out of line to receive the channels? It was installed with a Triax tsc 114 combo box in November 2012.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There is a known LNB fault, which you can Google about, that can cause H or V to go missing. You might be missing all low band H? Might need a new LNB. 10714 H is one of the strongest transponders on 28 East.

Generally speaking, four satellite blocks will be broadcast from the satellite: horizontal low band, vertical low band, horizontal high band and vertical high band. Universal LNBs cover the entire frequency range involved in satellite reception. They are able to convert all four satellite blocks, and to process both analogue and digital signals. Switching criteria: Both the conversion of the two frequency bands and the conversion of the polarisation planes are effected separately. Switching between polarisation planes takes place by means of a variation in the voltage of the current supplied to the LNB (14 Volts for the vertical resp. 18 Volts for the horizontal plane). On the other hand, the upper frequency band is controlled via a 22 KHz signal that is superimposed on the LNB power supply current.

Advertisement