Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery Boots

Options
  • 01-01-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi. Anyone here have these and do they think they’re worth the money? I’ve been reading mixed reviews online on these. Looking at the air relax ones online at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

I have used them and found them amazing. But i was doing a big event and needed them.

It would all depend on how much you are actually running and your goals? And of course, is all your other recovery 100%? Diet, sleep etc

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

event wrote: »
    I have used them and found them amazing. But i was doing a big event and needed them.

It would all depend on how much you are actually running and your goals? And of course, is all your other recovery 100%? Diet, sleep etc

Thanks. I’m out with Covid at the moment so don’t think they’ll be any use to me until at least the summer when I’ve the miles banked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Here is a very good article on the subject.
    Personally I do think they're worth it.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach-blog/compression-boots-faster-recovery-or-just-placebo/

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

I've got them. I'll be honest, I;m on the fence. Its nice and relaxing watching tv, but I just forget about them tbh which tells me they must'nt be that good if I'm not running to use them. I'd say I use them 1 hour every 3 weeks. I've mates who SWEAR by them though and use them daily. I run 45-50k per week and cycle around 250-300. 9 hrs+ sleep each night if possible is probably the best recovery IMO.

Advertisement