Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for VAT MOSS - Only ONE director in the company

Options
  • 01-01-2021 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello to our friends in the forum, I am new here.

My name is Alex, from Spain, greetings to you all!

I have an established private Ltd company in the UK, selling digital services, so I must register for VAT MOSS as non-EU business now, and I have chosen Ireland as my preferred country to deal with.

The problem I am having is that I am just a one man band, I am the only director in the company.

As I am sure you know, registering for ROS requires having contact details for two company directors or equivalent.

In your opinion and experience, how can I get past this hurdle?

If I chose my UK accountant as a second contact, would that be acceptable?

I would be very grateful if you could please kindly advise me on the best course of action.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Single person companies here have to have an external company secretary (probably an accountant, but don't think it has to be, also probably doesn't have to be external, could be an employee), is there something similar in the UK, if there is you could give their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LupoSol

Thanks for your quick answer Rulmeq, as I said in my opening post I am a one man band, no employees, just myself and an external accountant, hence the question.

Perhaps you or someone else has any experience on whether an external accountant is an accepted secondary contact?

I find it very odd that the Irish system does not consider companies with just one director, I am sure I am not the only one around and the reason for which I switched from a self-employed set up to a private Ltd company is because I have a lot of benefits. That was definitely good advice by my accountant as I have availed myself of such benefits a lot.

Thanks to you or anyone else who wants to expand on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

LupoSol wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick answer Rulmeq, as I said in my opening post I am a one man band, no employees, just myself and an external accountant, hence the question.

Perhaps you or someone else has any experience on whether an external accountant is an accepted secondary contact?

I find it very odd that the Irish system does not consider companies with just one director, I am sure I am not the only one around and the reason for which I switched from a self-employed set up to a private Ltd company is because I have a lot of benefits. That was definitely good advice by my accountant as I have availed myself of such benefits a lot.

Thanks to you or anyone else who wants to expand on the subject.

If you contact Revenue directly, they may be able to do a manual registration.

davindub wrote: »
    If you contact Revenue directly, they may be able to do a manual registration.

Thanks my friend. Do you know where I can find the contact details from abroad, please?

I'm still very new to how things work in Ireland, hopefully I'll get used to it very soon.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

LupoSol wrote: »
    Thanks my friend. Do you know where I can find the contact details from abroad, please?

I'm still very new to how things work in Ireland, hopefully I'll get used to it very soon.

Many thanks.

+353 42 9353315

• Advertisement

davindub wrote: »
    +353 42 9353315

Thank you so very much mate, you have made my day!

I'll call them on Monday.

Have a great weekend and, again, many thanks for your support and your kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duncan67

Hey there! I'm in the same boat as you on this (will be the sole UK director). Can I ask - did you have success when calling the Revenue on this? I'm all ears :-) Be great to here how it went. Cheers! Duncan

Advertisement