Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can/Should I reject delivery?

Options
  • 01-01-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭

I bought something on AliExpress a few weeks ago (cz warehouse) but tried to cancel it before they sent it out. They rejected the cancellation claiming it was sent already. A few days later it actually got dispatched.
    I don't need or want the thing now but not sure it's worth the effort of sending it back for a refund. Is rejecting the delivery an option? Will it go back to them and the money refunded or will something else happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

xckjoo wrote: »
    I bought something on AliExpress a few weeks ago (cz warehouse) but tried to cancel it before they sent it out. They rejected the cancellation claiming it was sent already. A few days later it actually got dispatched.
    I don't need or want the thing now but not sure it's worth the effort of sending it back for a refund. Is rejecting the delivery an option? Will it go back to them and the money refunded or will something else happen?
    You won’t get a refund if you reject it

So your options are

a) reject it and get no refund
    b) accept it and get no refund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Dodge wrote: »
    You won’t get a refund if you reject it

So your options are

a) reject it and get no refund
    b) accept it and get no refund

Cheers. Was thinking that might be the case. It's not too much money but they're cheeky buggers because I requested the cancellation long before they actually sent it. I'll look into returning it but probably too much hassle.

Advertisement