Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting masterplug digital timer

Options
  • 31-12-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm trying to connect a digital immersion timer to replace the old timer on my boiler currently. Now the instructions were very easy. But in the wires coming from the boiler there is a 4th wire and I'm not sure where it goes?

There is brown (live), blue(N) and the green and yellow (earth). This extra wire is black? I connected it all up without the black wire going anywhere and the power light turned on, but not the the on light itself.

Any help here please on what I should do?

Regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Presume the brown? is a permanent feed

You'd need an isolator after the timer to break the whole supply if the masterplug is all you have at the boiler

Not safe to work on it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swish87

Treseemme. wrote: »
    Presume the brown? is a permanent feed

You'd need an isolator after the timer to break the whole supply if the masterplug is all you have at the boiler

Not safe to work on it otherwise

There is a switch from the main power to the timer. I presume this is what you mean?

So the black is basically another live wire then? I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Swish87 wrote: »
    There is a switch from the main power to the timer. I presume this is what you mean?

So the black is basically another live wire then? I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

Ya the brown is a permanent feed so goes back as is

That fused spur serves as a local isolator if it's close to the boiler

If not you'd have to add one in beside boiler to cut all power

Advertisement