Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte the storey behind The field play

Options
  • 30-12-2020 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just watched the story behind the field

And in it john foley statedthefollowing

" i will defend my uncle and will so until i have the opportunity to name who Dan Foley said murdered moss Moore, but I can't do that now "

Sounds like he knows who the killer was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Deeec

I watched this last night. John Foley wouldnt give any insight into who he thinks killed Moss Moore stating that his family dont sopport him on making this info public.

The only other motive put forward was robbery which to me sounded doubtful. No other names seemed to be put forward as suspects. It seems to me based on the evidence it is probable that Dan Foley killed Moss Moore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jackboy

Karlos77 wrote: »

" i will defend my uncle and will so until i have the opportunity to name who Dan Foley said murdered moss Moore, but I can't do that now "

It sounded like he is a very bitter man. Didn’t come across as credible I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Plus he bought 'The Field'. Sounded like a right Bull McCabe himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Karlos77 wrote: »

Chances are this "killer" is probably long dead by now.

The land looked like a right bog. Not worth killing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If he claims to know who killed Moss Moore, he should come out with it. It's still an unsolved case.

The truth however is this... he is spouting bullsh't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Deeec

jackboy wrote: »
    It sounded like he is a very bitter man. Didn’t come across as credible I thought.

I agree. He wouldnt make known his theory or name the person who he thinks is the murderer. It was pointless him appearing the documentary - He just made his uncle look more guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

He did come across as bitter but i felt it was because he thought his family were wronged. He has really let it take over his life.

He did come across as bitter but i felt it was because he thought his family were wronged. He has really let it take over his life.

Yes. The things he said at the end of the programme were bizarre. Exactly like some of the stuff that the Bull McCabe from the film might say. The look that Keane gave to the camera then was actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Yes. The things he said at the end of the programme were bizarre. Exactly like some of the stuff that the Bull McCabe from the film might say. The look that Keane gave to the camera then was actually hilarious.

Yes i thought that too and surprised the makers left it in. The nephew seemed annoyed that the family didn't want him to say anything, did you think?

Yes i thought that too and surprised the makers left it in. The nephew seemed annoyed that the family didn't want him to say anything, did you think?

I think he using the family as an excuse not to give the killers name but the truth is, deep down, he is not convinced that his uncle is innocent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement