Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthew 19:21

Options
  • 30-12-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So I sell my possessions, how then do I then give the money to the poor? If given to the charity sector a healthy cut will disappear into the ether of corruption and ineptitude.

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Set up your own charity and pay yourself a hefty salary to help the poor.

When the funds run out, do the same all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So I sell my possessions, how then do I then give the money to the poor? If given to the charity sector a healthy cut will disappear into the ether of corruption and ineptitude.
    Go to the poor directly and cut out the middleman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Lynn Door

Phew. Thought this was my tinder match stalking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

F**k it..... Hold onto them. Nobody really wants to be perfect, that's boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I work for a charity, what are you selling ?
    My yaught needs a refit next year so none of your cheap ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Oops! wrote: »
    F**k it..... Hold onto them. Nobody really wants to be perfect, that's boring.

True, but at the same time I dont want to spend an eternity in the fourth circle of hell. :)

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

you can give all you have to the poor, but you'll never get to heaven.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    you can give all you have to the poor, but you'll never get to heaven.

Are not the meek blessed?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robert146

That's the way to go! The Double Irish. Pay high taxes and still pay out to fat charities. Why not set up a religion?.......I know a racket that has been going on for over 2000 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

No, they generally get bullied and trodden on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Of course they are! I'm glad they're getting something, they had a hell of a time...

True, but at the same time I dont want to spend an eternity in the fourth circle of hell. :)

Wouldn’t say god approves of swearing either and you’ve done that in your username!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

More of a Christianity forum topic

Wouldn’t say god approves of swearing either and you’ve done that in your username!!

Feck isn't a swearword.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭AllForIt

There is no reason for any country/state to be poor and starving in this day and age. In cases where it is it is totally down to the people themselves. And not our fault but their own.

Advertisement