Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Cabinet needs moving

Options
  • 29-12-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am remodelling the house and need to move the metal cabinet for the alarm. It's not a big deal as all that needs doing is extending the mains wire and move the cabinet up no wires need cutting as I will just tuck the extra wires on the ceiling gap.

Now, each time I try to open the panel the I activate the alarm, I know it has a tamper safety feature.

I understand (please confirm) that if I go into Engineer mode I can open the lid, the questions is I need to shut the system down so I can move the box. What is the best way to do this? Should I just go in, take the fire out and the battery and wait until the system is drained? Please Help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's correct. Removed the mains power and disconnect the battery. The external bell should power down in around 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JPLUCHETTI

Great! Thanks so much!
    KoolKid wrote: »
    That's correct. Removed the mains power and disconnect the battery. The external bell should power down in around 20 minutes.

Advertisement