Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug testing in the Dail 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You clearly haven't read the article.

It's not the type of testing you think it is but nice try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Great news, from summer 2021 drug testing will be available at musical events in this country, could this be extented to more important places like where laws are made in the Dail or would that make too much sense?

https://www.thejournal.ie/drug-testing-music-festival-5304888-Dec2020/

Read past the headline you dolt

This is for harm reduction not to catch people out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Great news, from summer 2021 drug testing will be available at musical events in this country, could this be extented to more important places like where laws are made in the Dail or would that make too much sense?

https://www.thejournal.ie/drug-testing-music-festival-5304888-Dec2020/

Mightnt be a bad idea to a drug test on people before they post in AH too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Think it's actually a prerequisite between the hours of 11pm and 5am to be on something in order to post in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

If not a stupidity test might be better!

• Advertisement

Think it's actually a prerequisite between the hours of 11pm and 5am to be on something in order to post in AH

Yeah, but the drugs they get are all downers, instead of getting a buzz, their seems to be a lot of moaning downers infecting AH

In regards to the OP post, should definitely be a random drug test in the Dáil. I mean it's blatantly obvious eamo Ryan is on something, I think it's some sort of acid trip his on, or his definitely getting flashbacks from one!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Might as well call it the stash tent they'll check the strength of your gear maybe even cut it for you too. Hahahahaha hahaha Haha Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Can't see how this is going to work. People who consume the product will never take part for a start, they won't risk losing their batch, or the fear of their batch being mixed up with somebody else's. All dealers will tell their customers that their product is the best, the customer wont risk the loss. The consumer will be heavily adverse to giving their name to any sort of state authority too. This just seems like a massive waste of money and time. If it is all about 'product safety' then the state should just decriminalize the product, regulate production and tax the product. Get some actual revenue from this thing instead of pouring more money down the drain like a stupidity addict.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

buried wrote: »
    Can't see how this is going to work. People who consume the product will never take part for a start, they won't risk losing their batch, or the fear of their batch being mixed up with somebody else's. All dealers will tell their customers that their product is the best, the customer wont risk the loss. The consumer will be heavily adverse to giving their name to any sort of state authority too. This just seems like a massive waste of money and time. If it is all about 'product safety' then the state should just decriminalize the product, regulate production and tax the product. Get some actual revenue from this thing instead of pouring more money down the drain like a stupidity addict.

No you just go up to a stall and a person quickly tests your powder or pills and gives you an idea as to what it's made up of. I've done it in Spain years ago.
    You're over complicating things with batches and dealers ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The best job would be if the government distributed the drugs themselves through pharmacies instead of providing free quality control for the Kinehan-Hutch gobsh1te clan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Personally, I'd be more in favour of IQ tests before we let the f*ckers stand for election.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think it's a great idea. Make sure that Leo and the lads don't get stung with bad yokes and that Mick Wallace can't keep ripping people off with herbs from his ma's kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I think it's a great idea. Make sure that Leo and the lads don't get stung with bad yokes and that Mick Wallace can't keep ripping people off with herbs from his ma's kitchen.

I'd say they're noshing bangers by the truck load.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

If there was any justice ministers would be tested regularly.

Advertisement