Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faux laughter by TV interviewers

Options
  • 29-12-2020 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Graham Norton for one. Why waste your life pretending to find the anecdotes of boring old celebs funnny or interesting. Besides the money of course.

It's one reason Parkinson gave it up. He found them intolerable.
    While I'm at it : the faux seriousness of Tubridy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bobbyss wrote: »
    Graham Norton for one. Why waste your life pretending to find the anecdotes of boring old celebs funnny or interesting. Besides the money of course.

It's one reason Parkinson gave it up. He found them intolerable.
    While I'm at it : the faux seriousness of Tubridy.

He put up with it for 36 years till he was 72 if it was that intolerable you would think he would have stopped a lot sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The US hosts are by far the worst, Jimmy Fallon for example. The amount of rear end kissing and forced dlaughter [more like guffaws] at guest's lame jokes or 'hilarious' stories. They have to be told to act way ott? must be painful to have to keep it up every show. I agree on Norton, he does over do it, not everything can be as side splitting as he loves to make out. Haven't watched enough of Tubridy to say either way, just can't stand him regardless, but it does seem he tends more on the overly serious for the sake of drama side

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If I was on their money, I would even laugh at Fun Bobby's hammer story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

He put up with it for 36 years till he was 72 if it was that intolerable you would think he would have stopped a lot sooner.

That's true. He made his money though I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

The US hosts are by far the worst, Jimmy Fallon for example. The amount of rear end kissing and forced dlaughter [more like guffaws] at guest's lame jokes or 'hilarious' stories. They have to be told to act way ott? must be painful to have to keep it up every show. /QUOTE]

Fallon is definitely the worst with all his fake laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The US hosts are by far the worst, Jimmy Fallon for example. The amount of rear end kissing and forced dlaughter [more like guffaws] at guest's lame jokes or 'hilarious' stories. They have to be told to act way ott? must be painful to have to keep it up every show. /QUOTE]

Yup, he doesn't seem to know where the cap is on forced laughter, he's really irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

James Cordon does his heel of the hand to the face crying as he laughs.

Makes me want to kick my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was nauseating.

Advertisement