Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower waste pipe size

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

No. Needs to be next size up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

corkgsxr wrote: »
    No. Needs to be next size up

Thanks, 42mm hole should be ok, but I would reenforce the few joists too. Has anyone ever used a flexi like the one above for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

One issue we had was bath and sink outlets went out through wall over extension roof,now floor is deeper new pipe has a long way to flow and had to go under bedroom floor to exit into drain through wall.Flow is not great and the odd time pipe needs cleaning out.

I'm wondering if a flexible waste like this would work:

https://www.heatmerchants.ie/hepflex-flexible-waste-pipe-40mm-3m-f03651

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You're not going to get a laminar flow with that pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I'm wondering if a flexible waste like this would work:

https://www.heatmerchants.ie/hepflex-flexible-waste-pipe-40mm-3m-f03651

Do not use that.
    The pipe needs to be straight with a gradient.
    If you use that flexible pipe in the way you are thinking you are going to have dips which will cause headaches and problems after a while.
    Is repositioning the tray not an option to avoid the issue with joists?

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Do not use that.
    The pipe needs to be straight with a gradient.
    If you use that flexible pipe in the way you are thinking you are going to have dips which will cause headaches and problems after a while.
    Is repositioning the tray not an option to avoid the issue with joists?

I could put a slip of mental under the pipe to ensure the constant gradient down, and cable tie this the pipe to it. Metal would be 2mm steel so would keep it's shape and ensure the pipe doesn't dip.

No shower tray is in one corner and the stack is in the diagonal opposite corner. The main aim is to get the tray close to the floor and not on a stand. I need to check how many joists, it's probably 3 or 4 I would need to bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,706 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why not use a shallow waste. I've used this one successfully in main bathroom , second one going into en suite as refurbing that currently.

McAlpine shallow gulley. Expensive but absolutely quality and worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

listermint wrote: »
    Why not use a shallow waste. I've used this one successfully in main bathroom , second one going into en suite as refurbing that currently.

McAlpine shallow gulley. Expensive but absolutely quality and worth every penny.

The shallow shower trap from McAlpine is an excellent product if you can get it to suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,706 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The shallow shower trap from McAlpine is an excellent product if you can get it to suit your needs.

Self made tray so ya could put it anywhere I liked

• Advertisement
Advertisement