Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartwatch advice

Options
  • 28-12-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Looking to change up smartwatch from fitbit versa 2,willing to spend 300ish.

Main requirements are fitness and notifications. Kinda tossed between fitbit sense and the Samsung Active 3.

Has anyone experience with either or cna suggest something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

While i dont have the active watch, i do have the galaxy watch. One thing you should know is that as it is based on tizen, you dont get to use google pay, only samsung pay...which is not available in ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Previously had the ticwatch 2 but found it slow and awkward, think id 2 seperate apps on the phone for it also! Heard the ticwatch 3 has a decent processor now to be fair

I guess once I've decent apps, battery, can answer calls/texts from the watch I'm happy

Garmin Vivoactive 4 or Garmin Venu.

Much better for fitness than most other watches out there, decent battery life, and contactless payments via Garmin Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭914

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Looking to change up smartwatch from fitbit versa 2,willing to spend 300ish.

Main requirements are fitness and notifications. Kinda tossed between fitbit sense and the Samsung Active 3.

Has anyone experience with either or cna suggest something else?

If fitness is a main requirement why not also look at a Garmin.

I have the vivoactive 3 great watch. Battery life is about 4-5 days.

Great fitness tracker. Message notifications, can answer calls via watch etc. Garmin pay works for contactless payment.

The only gripe I have is the display would not be as good as a samsung watch, but believe the vivoactive 4 display is far better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Cotts72

914 wrote: »
    If fitness is a main requirement why not also look at a Garmin.

I have the vivoactive 3 great watch. Battery life is about 4-5 days.

Great fitness tracker. Message notifications, can answer calls via watch etc. Garmin pay works for contactless payment.

The only gripe I have is the display would not be as good as a samsung watch, but believe the vivoactive 4 display is far better

What way is the vivoactive for replying to texts etc, can you swipe or type or is it similar to fitbit with preselected quick replies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭914

Cotts72 wrote: »
    What way is the vivoactive for replying to texts etc, can you swipe or type or is it similar to fitbit with preselected quick replies?

Pre selected quick replies

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

I got the Huawei GT2 Music and it's very good. Battery life is about 7 days as I use music and GPS every day for running. If you didn't use those 2, you'd be looking at close to 14 days of battery. It uses a small charger that takes any usb-c cable so really convenient.

Can answer calls on it and view notifications. No quick replies to them though.

Advertisement