Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a headset with great sound quality? (for hearing aid user)

• 28-12-2020 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

I need to buy a gaming headset with mic for someone who wears hearing aids.
    I'm looking for the following:
    1. Really good audio
    2. Comfortable to wear
    3. Wireless
    4. Good battery life

I am willing to pay for a high quality headset.

Can you make some recomendations? I really dont have a clue.

Much appreciated :-)

Pix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

1. Really good audio
    2. Comfortable to wear
    3. Wireless
    4. Good battery life

Pix

For which console? The Steelseries Arctis 7x gets recommended the most recently but currently sold out everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks! It's for an xbox one.

Yes, I couldn't find an Arctis 7x, I saw an Arctis 9x available.

Thanks! It's for an xbox one.

Yes, I couldn't find an Arctis 7x, I saw an Arctis 9x available.

The 9x can only really be used on Xbox while 7x can be used on most consoles and android etc.
    7x is back in stock direct from Steelseries, I ordered last night. If you search you can find 12% off promo codes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

mcgovern wrote: »
    The 9x can only really be used on Xbox while 7x can be used on most consoles and android etc.
    7x is back in stock direct from Steelseries, I ordered last night. If you search you can find 12% off promo codes too.

Did you buy direct from them ?

Does it let you control the volume as the default volume on a wired pair of Bose QC35 is very low and cant seem to find a way of increasing

s8n wrote: »

Does it let you control the volume as the default volume on a wired pair of Bose QC35 is very low and cant seem to find a way of increasing

I did, but it hasn't arrived yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

s8n wrote: »

I have the Arctis 7X and you can control the headset volume directly through a dial on the headset itself. It's a great headset too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can't find the 7 or 9 in stock anywhere

Replacing a set of RIG 800s

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Can't find the 7 or 9 in stock anywhere

Replacing a set of RIG 800s

The 7x is back in stock on the steel series website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

smithy1981 wrote: »
    The 7x is back in stock on the steel series website

Yes, this, I ordered this morning with code FORM to take almost £20 off the price. Now to see if I get hit with import duty coz the natives wanted their blue passports back :(

theteal wrote: »
    Yes, this, I ordered this morning with code FORM to take almost £20 off the price. Now to see if I get hit with import duty coz the natives wanted their blue passports back :(

Any word on vat or customs duties....

• Advertisement

Any word on vat or customs duties....

Sorry, I responded on some other thread. I received it on Monday, not a mention of duty to be paid. There's a chat over on HUKD and it seems that it depends on which UPS hub it comes through as to whether you get charged. Mine and a few others came via Stanford le Hope and none of us got charged. A few did get charged that came via Castle Donnington.

theteal wrote: »

Sorry, I responded on some other thread. I received it on Monday, not a mention of duty to be paid. There's a chat over on HUKD and it seems that it depends on which UPS hub it comes through as to whether you get charged. Mine and a few others came via Stanford le Hope and none of us got charged. A few did get charged that came via Castle Donnington.

Thanks, I contacted them and they tell me that all EU orders are shipped from Denmark so if you buy direct it won't attract UK vat or customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Hi

1. Really good audio
    2. Comfortable to wear
    3. Wireless
    4. Good battery life

Pix

This may or not help in your particular case. I have a hearing aid too, and upgraded it just before covit hit the headlines. This new one ( I've had them for years, back to the time they were a bulky box, with a wire feeding a behind the ear device.) and the new one came with the option of a bluetooth microphone, ( called SURFLINE ) for me, anyway, the sound reproduction is brilliant , I leave it permanently under the TV ( but you can take it with you also.) I went from having the TV sound turned up to about 75-80% ( where I could barely hear it, but not only everyone else in the house was being deafened, but the neighbours as well....to having it at about 5% ( where no one else could hear it,,,), Maybe you already have this attachment, and need something more, but the bluetooth surfline works great for me.Good Luck with it anyway,,,and I understand perfectly where he is coming from

Thanks, I contacted them and they tell me that all EU orders are shipped from Denmark so if you buy direct it won't attract UK vat or customs

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/steelseries-arctic-7x-in-stock-again-3654805?page=5#comment-43717945

People ordered the same day as me and got hit with import charges but as is noted, they all live further north and delivery came via Castle Donnington. Apparently SS will refund but I'm glad I avoided the hassle.

Ordered this morning direct for €158.39 with free delivery for next Wednesday

Advertisement