Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New stove top pot not producing

Options
  • 28-12-2020 6:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just bought a new coffee pot, the old bialetti style got broken.. New one is somewhat taller but otherwise the same, however, when filled, it boils then bubbles but very little liquid makes it to the pot part, photo of pot attached, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couldn't attach file on initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

I have a Bialetti similar to that one (not identical) and have found that you need to be very careful to ensure no coffee grounds get caught in rubber seal when tightening, which seems to compromise the seal, and also the pot needs to be tightened VERY tightly.

Trapped grounds or a loose seal give me results similar to what you describe, sometimes even when I think I have everything done correctly, and usually find it's down to some stray coffee grounds and/or a relatively loose seal. Using a slow low heat also seems to work better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah the gasket being a separate piece was new to us and previous pot was put on hot stove and ready in a few minutes, thanks so much for the information

Advertisement