Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping an APT Boiler Timer for Optimum WiFi Timer

Options
  • 28-12-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, just wondering if anyone could help me. especially if you are already familiar with the optimum wifi timers.I cant add pictures yet

I'm swapping out an existing APT mechanical timer for a boiler to use a new Optimum wifi timer for the boiler instead.

when I looked at the wiring on the APT switch :
    there are 2 brown live-in cables in the live-in terminal.
    there are 2brown live-out cables in the live -out terminal
    there are 2 blue cables into the neutral terminal
    I was surprised to see 2 live in cables ,they are both permanently live.

when I look at the wiring diagram for the new wifi switch there are 2 option, wired and volt free.
    Im confused a little as which way to wire the 2 '' lives in'' and the 2 ''lives out'' as there are 5 terminals on the new switch as opposed to 3 on the APT switch

Volt Free
    1 and 2 mains supply L and N
    3 Live in to timer
    4 live out to appliance
    5 empty

or 230AC option

1 is linked to 3
    2 has 2 lines: - neutral from appliance and neutral from supply
    3 has 1 live-in and the link to 1
    4 has live out to appliance
    5 empty

im confused as to where the 2 live in's and 2 live out's on the existing APT fall in to either of these 2 scenarios

Optimum model number is op-sbwf01-wi-fi-socket-box-timer/

I am trying to also post a picture that shows the difference in the setups(Im new here so may take some time to get the pictures posted.

Sorry but this post may not be as clear until I get the picture uploaded.I have some pictures with text that explains the problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

2 lives in to 1. And link 1 to 3

2 neutrals in to 2

2 lives out to 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thebottler

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my post and give an answer so quickly. very much appreciated

Advertisement