Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton AS2000XT replacement model

Options
  • 28-12-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭

I see that Triton do an AS2000SR replacement for the AS2000XT

Screwfix do a 747HF which seems to have similar specs to the SR albeit with a slightly bigger sized unit.

Are these a straight swap plumbing wise? Info is a bit sketchy on screwfix site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Actually Screwfix are out of stock for those

Is a Novel SR the same idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

colm_mcm wrote:
    Actually Screwfix are out of stock for those

Triton Novel SR is an Irish shower and almost the same as the UK model As2000sr. One is sold exclusively in Ireland and the other exclusively in the UK. Screwfix, B&Q, Argos etc import their showers from their UK branches. You can save a small amount of money (about 30 euros) buying the UK model BUT it has no Irish warranty at all. Triton Ireland don't stock parts for the UK model so some parts have to be sourced from the UK.

I own a shower repair /installation business and I'd never consider buying a UK model. I'd prefer to have Tritons 2 years parts & labour warranty here in Ireland or Australia's 3 years parts and labour warranty than to save a small amount of money

The only appeal of screwfix was that it was open today.

Thanks - Will pick up an Irish spec one tomorrow instead.
    What should I be paying?

colm_mcm wrote:
    Thanks - Will pick up an Irish spec one tomorrow instead. What should I be paying?

No more than 280 but you should get one 260 or so. It will be difficult to source tomorrow. Woodies don't stock it. Unfortunately the trade counters aren't open until next Monday. You'd get a better deal with them. Heatmerchants have one branch open each day over Christmas. Their website should tell you what branch is open tomorrow

They’re open a half day tomorrow near me.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    They’re open a half day tomorrow near me.

Trade counters have two prices on things like this. If you look like a tradesman it's cheaper. Go in and ask what's their best price. Hopefully you will get a discount

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Trade counters have two prices on things like this. If you look like a tradesman it's cheaper. Go in and ask what's their best price. Hopefully you will get a discount

Thanks - I’ll stick a pencil behind my ear!

I have a plan B in Homevalue Hardware. Various branches advertising them between €250-265

I’m assuming the one that’s installed is hooped. Motor making funny noises for a while, had a look today and no filter installed on cold feed despite having 2 superfluous filters fitted in the bottom inlets, a lot of crap in the hot filter so god knows what’s gotten through the cold side. motor turning but no water coming out, small leak from the pump. Would rather just bin it.

No water is probably a faulty solenoid. Noisy leaking mot would ne replacing. You'd be looking at 100 euro or so for parts. New novel is a better option. So quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thanks - I’ll stick a pencil behind my ear!

I have a plan B in Homevalue Hardware. Various branches advertising them between €250-265

I’m assuming the one that’s installed is hooped. Motor making funny noises for a while, had a look today and no filter installed on cold feed despite having 2 superfluous filters fitted in the bottom inlets, a lot of crap in the hot filter so god knows what’s gotten through the cold side. motor turning but no water coming out, small leak from the pump. Would rather just bin it.

I take it when starting up mad whine and low flow of water and builds up to normal pressure and noise goes.I start mine on cold setting and adjust up when full flow is reached.My shower is a standby one as rainhead nearly drowns me.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No water is probably a faulty solenoid. Noisy leaking mot would ne replacing. You'd be looking at 100 euro or so for parts. New novel is a better option. So quiet

Figured it would be a false economy patching it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement