Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW16 Captain?

• 27-12-2020 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround.

Who you got?

GW16 Captain? 124 votes

Vardy (cry)
    41% 51 votes
    Sterling (eve)
    1% 2 votes
    KDB (eve)
    0% 0 votes
    Bamford (wba)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes (WOL)
    1% 2 votes
    Kane (FUL)
    14% 18 votes
    Son (FUL)
    11% 14 votes
    Salah (new)
    2% 3 votes
    Mane (new)
    25% 31 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Bruno I think. Thought Salah was playing too deep for my liking tonight. Hard to captain KDB right now imo. Bamford may have been an outsider for me this week but Big Sam has put a stop to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Plan was to bring in Kane for a hit and captain for next 2 weeks but very unsure now what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Bruno I think. Thought Salah was playing too deep for my liking tonight. Hard to captain KDB right now imo. Bamford may have been an outsider for me this week but Big Sam has put a stop to that

Oh yeah, I don’t have Kane or Son of course!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Every time utd score I seem to see Bruno's name. On that basis I am going to capt him with Salah VC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Sticking with Mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Salah’s never blanked 2 GWs in a row so sticking with him. I’m sure Pool will be looking to bounce back strongly after today’s disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Tough one between mo and Bruno but I think I’ll stick with mo

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Salah’s never blanked 2 GWs in a row so sticking with him. I’m sure Pool will be looking to bounce back strongly after today’s disappointment.

You mean this season? As he has blanked 2 or 3 times in a row before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would love to stick it on Harry but might have to go Mo to protect my LMS position :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So tempted by Bruno. But will stick with Salah I think. Newcastle team is so bad and I think Liverpool will find a way to score a few past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

munster87 wrote: »
    Yeah, but that was because of a Klopp tactical decision since he was up against one of the most defensive managers you've ever seen.

This time he is up against........oh sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

You mean this season? As he has blanked 2 or 3 times in a row before

Yes this season as far as I’m aware

Klonker wrote: »
    Plan was to bring in Kane for a hit and captain for next 2 weeks but very unsure now what to do.

I've hit the button and brought Kane in and will captain. I can't imagine Mourinho will be as defensive against Fulham at home as he has been in the last few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Klonker wrote: »
    I've hit the button and brought Kane in and will captain. I can't imagine Mourinho will be as defensive against Fulham at home as he has been in the last few matches.

I think you’re right for sure, but I would wonder if that is just gonna lead to Son in the more advanced position.

Mourinho seems to love how well Kane plays deep.

CSF wrote: »
    I think you’re right for sure, but I would wonder if that is just gonna lead to Son in the more advanced position.

Mourinho seems to love how well Kane plays deep.

Yeah that could well be the case but the penalties and Kane's range of goals has me hopeful.

This feels like a very pivotal gameweek, in terms of captains, transfers, player rotation, players out of form (DCL, KDB, Spurs), blank and double gameweek planning, very hard to know what to do and a lot of double guessing. I can see a large spread of scores this week where a lot of ground can be made/lost.

Hardest one for a while. Salah apparently looked very sluggish the other night but we know what he is like. Bruno could be a trap after some excellent performances. It's gone between fernandes and Salah twice already this morning. On Bruno rn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Hardest one for a while. Salah apparently looked very sluggish the other night but we know what he is like. Bruno could be a trap after some excellent performances. It's gone between fernandes and Salah twice already this morning. On Bruno rn.

Bruno even if he blanks is not in any way a trap.

Everything United do goes through him, safest captain in the game at the moment.

I am a little tempted by Son as my main rival doesn't, or didn't, have him and 70 behind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Stuck between Salah and Bruno again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Rikand wrote:
    Would love to stick it on Harry but might have to go Mo to protect my LMS position

Same reason I cannot go with Son

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah atm Bruno is tempting but surely Liverpool will respond after the other night and Wolves has been a weird game for United last few meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sticking with Mo purely because Newcastle are worse than Wolves.

Gone for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Planned to stick it on Kane but after yesterday ??
    Going with Mr. Dependable. Bruno it is and Mo vice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm sticking it on the Hurrikane

Read an article from Jose where he said he was pissed off that the team didnt go for the jugular against Wolves and I'm hoping it make them be more clinical against Fulham

Salah (Vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm sticking it on the Hurrikane

Read an article from Jose where he said he was pissed off that the team didnt go for the jugular against Wolves and I'm hoping it make them be more clinical against Fulham

Salah (Vc)

Was thinking the same but then I saw the below. Worried about Kane having fatigue too
    https://twitter.com/allaboutfpl/status/1343508896393007107?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rikand wrote: »
    Read an article from Jose where he said he was pissed off that the team didnt go for the jugular against Wolves

That doesn't sound like José at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Swapped from Kane to Mo!!

Mo won't blank again. Didn't like what I saw from from Kane and Spurs last night, (could say the same about Liverpool TBH)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Went with Salah. Rumours Thiago is back, dunno will he start but can see him giving Liverpool the much needed spark. Salah cant be as bad as he was last night

Advertisement