Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria Clarke

Options
  • 27-12-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Why is this person in the media, specifically the Indo/Sindo, every single f.ucking day? She really isn't a very interesting person. The most interesting thing about her is that she happens to be married to Shane McGowan. Couldn't she, I don't know, find a hobby or something? Dog-walking, knitting, anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I have genuinely never heard of her.

A quick Google reveals she believes in angels and regularly speaks to them.

That says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That says it all really.

If you were married to Shane McGowan over the years, you probably would suffer from the same affliction after a while, with the greatest respect to Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

That says it all really.

It’s the indo. That says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If you insist on starting a thread to give out about someone who I'm sure never did you any harm you could at least get her name right, it's Victoria Mary Clarke.

I'm sure if she or Shane ever see this they will anoint you with a suitable epithet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

If she married McGowan for his money, would that make her a Victoria Sponge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Deserves every cent if that’s the case. A drunk, difficult to understand, needs teeth. On the plus side, once a fantastic lyricist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Why is this person in the media, specifically the Indo/Sindo, every single f.ucking day? She really isn't a very interesting person. The most interesting thing about her is that she happens to be married to Shane McGowan. Couldn't she, I don't know, find a hobby or something? Dog-walking, knitting, anything.

I think it's the "valley of the squinting windows" syndrome that makes people put stuff on the internet about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,573 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

tdf7187 wrote: »

Did you consider not reading the Indo/Sindo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Tork

If she's famous, she has certainly earned it the hard way. It can't be easy being Shane MacGowan's other half and you'd wonder is there some sort of co-dependency going on there. I doubt living with him was ever an easy thing to do and I'm sure it has only got worse with his deteriorating health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Years since I happened to look at her Sindo column but I mainly remember shameless name dropping about her "mates" Johnny Depp and Kate Moss plus new age gobbledegook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Damien360 wrote: »
    Deserves every cent if that’s the case. A drunk, difficult to understand, needs teeth. On the plus side, once a fantastic lyricist.

Fantastic musician too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Victoria Mary Clarke is far from the worst media wh*re. She's a nice enough lady and seems to genuinely love Shane. They go back to the early 80s. She didn't marry him for his fame. Has been there through good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Ohhhhhhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea???

There's something I really don't like about her. This is propably quite unfair to say, but it's like she enjoys his invalid status

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tork wrote: »
    If she's famous, she has certainly earned it the hard way. It can't be easy being Shane MacGowan's other half and you'd wonder is there some sort of co-dependency going on there. I doubt living with him was ever an easy thing to do and I'm sure it has only got worse with his deteriorating health.

Yeah, there was always something odd about the relationship. You'd almost never see him out without her, she always likes to be front and centre of every photo and event he's at. She has a tendency to push her way to the front of a photo, which is always a sign of someone with a complex of sorts.

There was an interview with him a few years ago for a docu, she effectively answered most of his questions for him and her demeanor towards him was one of an adult with a small child or with a simpleton. I know McGowan has lost a lot of his health, but he's still totally with it in many ways.

To be honest she seems a bit controlling over him. She won't let him be interviewed on his own it seems, she's always in the background or beside him.

But if they're happy with each other then that's what counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Damien360 wrote: »

He got his teeth fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dasdog

This thread needs more Pogues Munich 1985 to see why she loves him.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

There's something I really don't like about her. This is propably quite unfair to say, but it's like she enjoys his invalid status

Sure she's gettin' the carers for him. Clanin' up..... the hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think his health is bad so he cannot give long interviews ,
    so she acts as his pr assistant.
    why is she in the media, this is a small country ,theres only a small no of even semi famous people to interview .
    And the pogues did make some good music which mixed irish trad music with punk rock .
    theres a new documentary about the pogues which uses old archive film of the band and interviews with shane,s celebrity friends .
    In music theres a bit of an 80s revival going, with old songs like dreams appearing on tik tok and youtube.
    the pogues were an important band in terms of their effect on irish music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Does she have a nice arse on her?

Given that she married Shane McGowan then she doesn't does she?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Personally I prefer Victoria sponge.

Advertisement