Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you do it again?

Options
  • 27-12-2020 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Given what you know now, if you had the chance to know everything you know now at 12 yrs old and live your life from there, would you?

And I'm not talking about betting, gambling, or stock market stuff.

For me it's a difficult quandary, if i knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't be with my wife or have my kids. I wouldn't give either up for anything but if they weren't a factor I absolutely would change probably 90% of my life/decisions

You?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Given what you know now, if you had the chance to know everything you know now at 12 yrs old and live your life from there, would you?

For me it's a difficult quandary, if i knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't be with my wife or have my kids. I wouldn't give either up for anything but if they weren't a factor I absolutely would change probably 90% of my life/decisions

You?

i dont think you can open a brokerage account at twelve ? , or a betting account for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Yes.

Unfortunately, at 12, my life was already on a slight discourse that would not be remedied.

However; the choices I’ve made up to this point I would rectify some of those, definitely. My partner and kids I am happy with, the only thing I’d change that way if we could’ve had them a few years later instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Any of the stuff I would want to change would impact all the stuff I don't want to change, so nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Unfortunately, at 12, my life was already on a slight discourse that would not be remedied.

However; the choices I’ve made up to this point I would rectify some of those, definitely. My partner and kids I am happy with, the only thing I’d change that way if we could’ve had them a few years later instead.
    I'd need to go back further too, but I'd have undoubtedly made different mistakes.

You can't spend your life looking back when your only option is to move forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭peter4918

GreeBo wrote: »
    Any of the stuff I would want to change would impact all the stuff I don't want to change, so nope.

This for me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You?

Don’t tell your wife that!

I’d make some minor changes, exercise more, not smoke, not spend as much money on crap.

The big stuff like my partner and kids I wouldn’t change. They are the one thing I got right.

I’d love to change loads but if one of them was to result in me not being with the Mrs then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm not interested unless I could go back and win the lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I dropped out of college twice, Engineering and then Automotive Tech and management. If I had stayed engineering might have made good money, then bought a house used it as collateral to build a few more, eventually becoming a small developer before becoming bust 2018 and loosing it all wishing I had stayed at the Automotive course. After a few years of managing a garage I would have branched out to own a dealership, borrowing big to have the latest designed showrooms, where the customers would flock and drop big money on overpriced cars, get them serviced like clockwork and upgrade again in 18 to 24 months. Then in 2018 I would become another business casualty of the recession and having to sell my lavish home and holiday homes in Spain, Italy and my extensive portfolio Bulgaria wished I had stayed with the engineering course.

• Advertisement

I'd make a couple of major changes but changing the first would probably keep me from changing the second.

Advertisement