Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New setup advice

Options
  • 26-12-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

Currently have fta satellite and saorview into a triple tuner that serves me well for recording/series link, pausing live tv etc. The issue is I want to move the tv to the other side of the room but would need to reroute the cables and am not sure if I can bring them down the inside of the internal wall from the attic.

I was thinking is there any provider that allows their main box to be wireless, i.e not plugged into ethernet/coax and just works off wifi?

I don't want now tv or any of those. Does what I'm looking for exist?

I also thought about maybe using a hdmi sender but it would be messy and would need a rf sender too to work.

I will most likely take a trip into the attic and see if I can run a cable but just thought I'd ask here first to see what my options are provider wise.

I know a few offer wireless multiroom boxes but I've yet to see one for the main box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Have a look at satip. You can basically feed the sat/aerial signals into a tuner box anywhere in the house and broadcast the channels over the lan.

You'd need something to read the signals at the tv end (like a raspberry pi or cheap Android box) and the signal could be received wirelessly.

You'd want to be into technical tinkering though to go down this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dubrov wrote: »
    Have a look at satip. You can basically feed the sat/aerial signals into a tuner box anywhere in the house and broadcast the channels over the lan.

You'd need something to read the signals at the tv end (like a raspberry pi or cheap Android box) and the signal could be received wirelessly.

You'd want to be into technical tinkering though to go down this route.

Yeah I'd prefer a simpler setup but I don't think it exists. It's a pity in this day and age none of the main providers will launch a tv box that can work over wifi. Will have a look and see if I can drop the sat cables from the attic.

Advertisement