Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shops or Online Outlets that do Sales ?

Options
  • 26-12-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of bike shops or Online Outlets that do sales ? I am interested in buying an adult mountain bike.

Any response appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's a shortage of stock all year and it's presently a sellers market. Havnt seen too many deep discounts on bikes for quite a while. Frames yes, but not so much bikes.

Not saying there's no value, but shops were selling stuff without having to try for a period this year.

Someone like decathlon and Halfords might, but again limited stock

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can you avail of the bike to work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

ted1 wrote: »
    Can you avail of the bike to work ?

I have used it 3 years ago so seeing if any outlets have sales

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's your budget?
    (reason for asking is that if you want to spend under a grand, i suspect you'll be out of luck; it's only if you go comfortably over that that you might stand a chance of getting some reductions)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

whiz wrote: »
    I have used it 3 years ago so seeing if any outlets have sales

So in January it’ll be 4 years and you can do it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

ted1 wrote: »
    So in January it’ll be 4 years and you can do it again :)

Isn't it every 5 years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

n1ck wrote: »
    Isn't it every 5 years?

It changed in the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

what's your budget?
    (reason for asking is that if you want to spend under a grand, i suspect you'll be out of luck; it's only if you go comfortably over that that you might stand a chance of getting some reductions)

Yes I was thinking under a grand......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Weepsie wrote: »
    It changed in the last few months

Happy days, new bike in two years then! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭secman

Bike shops have had a bumper year, no need for them to have "sales ". For example CSS in previous years always had "Wednesday Specials" and also had the December Advent calendar specials. None of these ran this year, their promotional dept had didly squat to do, demand was so high.

• Advertisement
Advertisement