Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you bring your parents for Christmas?

Options
  • 24-12-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭

M&S pigs in blankets and a large statue of the Hindu god Ganesh.

They were confused by the sausages wrapped in bacon.
    Very rural you see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A Ouija board. They died decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Dogg Munde wrote: »
    Coronavirus

Did they gift it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

An electric bike for dad. Mam is not with us

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Hennessey, again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

M&S pigs in blankets and a large statue of the Hindu god Ganesh.

They were confused by the sausages wrapped in bacon.
    Very rural you see.

I’m sure you can regale some tales of the far off big schmoke for them too. Keep them nicely entertained over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

hurikane wrote: »
    I’m sure you can regale some tales of the far off big schmoke for them too. Keep them nicely entertained over Christmas.

A Foxford gift set, a vinyl of the 3 Tenors and a vinyl of Liam Gallagher for the ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I got my mum a hundred euro grocery voucher. My dad likes white wine so got him a bottle of Riesling. Hardly great presents but it'll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

New phone for the dad, voucher for garden center for the mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Dogg Munde wrote: »
    Coronavirus

A common present this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The vouchers I got for my Christmas bonus.

🙈🙉🙊

I bought daddy a jumper, gloves, jams (he likes jam) and special socks with loose tops that won't hurt his legs. He doesn't like when they are too tight.

I bought mammy a flannel nightdress with long sleeves so she is nice and cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I bought my mother a Gold Solitaire Pendant... I had no idea what to buy her but it caught my eye leaving the shopping center, it looked good...thankfully she loved it.

My Dad is impossible to buy for now... Ive bought every car accessories, work tool, boxed set, phone, radio, mp3 player and electronic item going....I just decided to get him some clothes, he’d been mentioning updating his wardrobe... so I just got him a dressy yet warm winter jacket, a casual skillet, scarf and hat combo....seemed quite happy ! Trying to encourage a little style over functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A voucher for Press Up - hope to **** they don't go out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Oh they are simple types, a nightmare to buy anything for. I got the auld wan. A book on galway. Bar of Fruit and Nut Chocolate.

Auld fella a Sudoku book, bar of Fruit and Nut Chocolate.

Plus since he likes to fix stuff and hates things that are 'too new'. I gave him an old broken electric shaver, with a link to youtube to see could he fix it. He seemed very excited about the shaver to fix. But it backfired a bit when he shorted out his own shaver, by using the old shaver connector.

Now he has double the fun two broken electric shavers.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Absolutely nothing as at 8p+ and 90 I've been staying away. I've a bottle of Jameson for them for hot ones though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cj maxx wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing as at 8p+ and 90 I've been staying away. I've a bottle of Jameson for them for hot ones though

Ah you gave them a very precious gift; your deep and practical caring for their safety. Beyond price... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

500 euro Dunne’s stores voucher I got from work

Cash each and then some other small bits like whiskey and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Some new items for the grave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

A double edge safety razor, with chrome bowl and badger hair brush for papa, and a fancy gin set for the mama.

It's increasingly difficult to buy for them, they say they don't want anything but I can't pick up nothing.

I suspect they'd have preferred our presence this year rather than any presents. But as with so many other families, covid has halted play.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Went halves with a sister and filled the oil tank, not worried about them being cold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah you gave them a very precious gift; your deep and practical caring for their safety. Beyond price... ;)

I should post in 'the stingiest thing thread about how I used the pandemic excuse to save a few pound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

500 euro Dunne’s stores voucher I got from work
    That was very thoughtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I got my Dad one of those blue and white colured pens with the black, green , blue and red colours.

Got my Mum a lovely head of cabbage from Marks and Spencers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got my dad slippers, chocolate, a pedometer and the Guinness book of records. Went to my mums grave Christmas morning and brought her a silver star bauble thing that I snaffled off the Christmas tree.

Bought the father a watch. He has his current one as long as I know him and I suspect he'd sooner lose me than lose the watch.

Bought the mother a bracelet and a bottle of Malibu.

With everyone in solitary so much these days I got the Da' everything he requires to start keeping bees. A couple of years ago I paid for him to go on introductory courses for doing it but he never followed up on it. So think now's the time.

So he gets to work on putting that together for now and we can work on getting it populated later when we are able to spend more time together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Vouchers, cant go wrong with them. Petrol and One4All, job done.

Advertisement