Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Mass Online

Options
  • 24-12-2020 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Watched Christmas Mass from our local Church online with a sick relation ( stroke at 86 ) , six of us ( from 3 families ) in an old school bedroom with a fire flickering in the room with a laptop running off a phone hotspot showing the mass .

Hard to believe it was 2020 , Brought me back to my childhood , we all tried to sing the few hymns( through masks) , an emotional night especially as our relation is unlikely to be round for Christmas next year .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Treasure golden moments like these - these are the nights you'll look back and remember fondly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

My mother is currently watching Midnight Mass on RTE with headphones on her Kindle, while actually laughing at the Commitments, which is on the TV in the room. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

My mother is currently watching Midnight Mass on RTE with headphones on her Kindle, while actually laughing at the Commitments, which is on the TV in the room. :)

There's women and multi tasking for you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Watched Christmas Mass from our local Church online with a sick relation ( stroke at 86 ) , six of us ( from 3 families ) in an old school bedroom with a fire flickering in the room with a laptop running off a phone hotspot showing the mass .

Hard to believe it was 2020 , Brought me back to my childhood , we all tried to sing the few hymns( through masks) , an emotional night especially as our relation is unlikely to be round for Christmas next year .

How's your new kitten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Posts like the OPs help to put things into perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did the preist have the work of Fr Alton Crosby ?? :D

not making a joke of it. I Know many great people in the church who have/helping me through some tough times but not a fan of mass or praying. I have my own way of dealing with faith. Very much respect other peoples ways of faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Just back from 9 o clock mass , very different from other years with tickets etc and less able to get in , gave my ticket to an older parishioner who had none and listened outside with dozens of others .
    A lovely crisp morning for it and got to speak to plenty of other people in the parish . Happy Christmas to all .

Did you hear the one about the Cavan man that was watching mass on RTE one Sunday?

When the collection started he changed the channel.

Advertisement