Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMHO - You should not be allowed avoid facemask under medical grounds unless..

Options
  • 23-12-2020 7:34pm

You have a certified doctors letter to confirm that. No mention of your condition is required, simply a signed and stamped note or letter that says

“Patient X cannot wear a facemask due to preexisting conditions/hazardous to their health” or something like that.

I’ve encountered a number of otherwise healthy people (or apparently healthy anyway) who use asthma as an excuse not to wear one and I don’t think this should be allowed. I have really, REALLY bad asthma and I wear a mask without any issue, but if I couldn’t I’d ask my GP for a cert to say so. Maybe it’s overreaching expecting that, but I just think it’s a joke anyone can claim a condition if it conveniences them not to wear one.

For example, I wear a mask in shops and everywhere you’re supposed to, but if I forgot my mask and get brought up about it in a store I literally can just say “medical condition” and that’s the end of it.

It’s a farce IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Face mask? More like 5G Enhancer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

It’s just the nature of our society and species in general.

Anytime there is an announcement of new guidelines the radio shows are full of people talking about how to get around them and loop holes.

So rather than actually treat guidelines as something that is there to protect people they are something that we try to get around.

The amount of gob****es I hear saying stuff like — ‘I was down the town earlier and it’s packed - no wonder the virus is spreading’. ... it’s as if the rules are always for other people and not yourself.

Also - selfishness is a massive part in it.

All these clowns talking about anxiety as a reason not to wear a mask - usually correlated to anti-vax opinions who’d have no issue popping a few Xanax to help the anxiety.

In summary - we really are a pathetic species in general

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

A person is under no obligation whatsoever to either wear a mask or to present an exemption for not wearing one.

I had a medical appointment recently, that was an eye-opener to some of the ridiculously stupid people spouting the "exemption" line.
    2 middle aged (well older than me) folk, married couple who rocked up wearing glasses and spouting on about their freedom to breathe.

Before I got a chance to fúck them off, a nurse told them that wear welcome to enjoy their freedoms outside but if they expected to be seen in the clinic, they'd mask up or get out.

It's a matter of consideration IMO.
    You can't force people to wear masks, but by the same token you can't be forced to interact with someone whose acting an utter bollox.

As CNN says, masks tell you more about the person who doesn't one than the one who does.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

There is a thread on mask discussion in the Covid forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement