Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell from new insert stove

Options
  • 22-12-2020 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Had a henley arklow insert stove installed recently. Lit 3 small fires in it as I was told. Lit a big fire today and although there's no smoke in the room, it seems smokey and it's causing me to squint. I've heard its the paint curing but it must surely be done at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭jackboy

Cal04 wrote: »
    Had a henley arklow insert stove installed recently. Lit 3 small fires in it as I was told. Lit a big fire today and although there's no smoke in the room, it seems smokey and it's causing me to squint. I've heard its the paint curing but it must surely be done at this stage.

It’s takes a while. A few big fires to completely resolve. It will get better every time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Yes my free standing stove smelled for a week or two it will go away eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mr infomaniac

I fitted a Henley Apollo insert stove in the summer. I lit it properly when i moved into house in october. The smell was so bad i was convinced i had installed the flue inorrectly. Took nearly 3 weeks for smell and chemical fumes to go completly.
    What i did was lit a big fire and opened windows closed sitting room door tried burn off the smell as much as I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Exact same with a henley Achill , took ages to go

Advertisement