Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine tripping RCD

Options
  • 21-12-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Our washing machine has been in the house since we bought it a few months ago, it had always been leaking but today it started tripping the RCD, from my understanding the leak probably shorted the motor, this would be a new washing machine job I assume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

doubtful repair service under 150 so new one 300 and NEW.
    let someone else deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

As leak was inside the machine, as suggested, bought a new washing machine today. Question for electricians - when the RCD tripped the downlighters on the wall (not ceiling, ceiling stayed on) went as well. From my basic knowledge lights shouldn't be on the RCD at all? Last owner was an engineer who rewired the whole house so could be something dodgy going on I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Lockheed wrote: »
    As leak was inside the machine, as suggested, bought a new washing machine today. Question for electricians - when the RCD tripped the downlighters on the wall (not ceiling, ceiling stayed on) went as well. From my basic knowledge lights shouldn't be on the RCD at all? Last owner was an engineer who rewired the whole house so could be something dodgy going on I'm not sure!
    Looks like last owner took the wall lights off a socket circuit and not the lighting circuit.

Advertisement