Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

On street charging question (Galway)

Options
  • 21-12-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

I taught I read somewhere that if you are using the on-street esb chargers in Galway city you don't have to pay the on-street parking charge. I charged for a few hours at the charges at woodquey and also paid the parking charge just in case. Can't seem to find anything on the Galway City Council website....anybody have any idea if you don't have to pay the parking charge.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

gary29428 wrote: »
    I taught I read somewhere that if you are using the on-street esb chargers in Galway city you don't have to pay the on-street parking charge. I charged for a few hours at the charges at woodquey and also paid the parking charge just in case. Can't seem to find anything on the Galway City Council website....anybody have any idea if you don't have to pay the parking charge.

Thanks
    It has been posted here several times that you do not need to pay for parking when charging in Galway. Someone wrote to Galway counsel maybe a year or more ago and they confirmed. I could only assume that rule hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Many thanks for the reply...I wrote to GCC a few weeks back but have heard nothing. Good to know it has come up and confirmed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

It has been posted here several times that you do not need to pay for parking when charging in Galway. Someone wrote to Galway counsel maybe a year or more ago and they confirmed. I could only assume that rule hasn't changed.

Indeed, I did. They confirmed no pay while charging. But obviously only applies to Galway City Council car parks.

McGiver wrote: »
    Indeed, I did. They confirmed no pay while charging. But obviously only applies to Galway City Council car parks.

Got my reply back from city council, they requested I call with my reg so they can note it on there system. No parking charges while hooked up and charging.

Many thanks

I did do a search but turned up nothing...thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement