Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get fed up of hairdressers?

Options
  • 21-12-2020 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi, sorry for the whiney post, but I feel like whenever I get my hair done, I come out and my hair doesnt look any different. Getting a bit fed up of paying good money and not getting the value for it. I'm not asking for a miracle, and I do feel I explain very well what I want, but then notice at the end theres barely anything on the floor. My hair grows so fast and out of shape like a garden weed and I only go about once every 3 months. Had a brilliant hairdresser a few years ago that did exactly what I had wanted but she went full time into bridal hair and now has kids so I dont think she is available much anyways. I'm based in Mayo so options are pretty limited.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Maybe try explaining what happens when it grows out a bit that you're not happy about? That might help them cut it differently. You say it grows fast and out of shape quickly, so maybe you need a more low-maintenance cut?

I've had lovely long-bob cuts before that need regular trimming and proper styling at home to look their best, but after a few months I just accepted that that's just not me :pac: Now I have a longer style with layers cut for curls so it sits much better when styled naturally and the cut lasts much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

It sounds like you just need to find a new Hairdresser. I am on Sligo/Mayo border, and I love my hairdresser, but there are lots of good ones in Ballina, if that's close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Ennione wrote: »
    It sounds like you just need to find a new Hairdresser. I am on Sligo/Mayo border, and I love my hairdresser, but there are lots of good ones in Ballina, if that's close to you.

Thanks, do you have any particular recommendations in Ballina?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

Kelley's in Diamonds car park have a great reputation. A lot of women I work with go there. Both Kelley and Nicola in that Salon are brilliant. Prices are reasonable, and it's a nice relaxed Atmosphere.

I go to Sandra's for a quick, but lasting blowdry. (Back in the day when hairdressers were open all the time).

Martha Galvin in Allure and Laurence in Laurannes also have excellent reputations, but are quite a bit pricier. They probably all have Facebook pages, or you will find phone numbers online.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Ennione wrote: »
    Kelley's in Diamonds car park have a great reputation. A lot of women I work with go there. Both Kelley and Nicola in that Salon are brilliant. Prices are reasonable, and it's a nice relaxed Atmosphere.

I go to Sandra's for a quick, but lasting blowdry. (Back in the day when hairdressers were open all the time).

Martha Galvin in Allure and Laurence in Laurannes also have excellent reputations, but are quite a bit pricier. They probably all have Facebook pages, or you will find phone numbers online.

Good Luck.

Great, will keep those in mind when the hairdressers open up hopefully soon, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Its so hard to find a really good hairdresser. I go to one lady for hair cuts as she's amazing and I go somewhere else for colour. Just have to find someone that suits you.

Advertisement