Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build connection size 16kVa 20kVa 29kVa

Options
  • 21-12-2020 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Hi just building my house moving in during summer and I'm applying for a new connection and I'm am trying to figure out what size of connection I need.

Its a new house 250sqm with A2W heat pump, MHRV, electric hob etc and I am putting in Solar PV. I don't have an EV yet but planning to have at least one in the next year or two.

There is only a single phase line next to me so 3p out of the question. Anyway I am thinking of going with the 20kVa can I get this on the single phase line and is 29kVa over kill. Based on the document below it says I can get 20kVa & 29kVa on 1p

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/docs/default-source/publications/approved-statement-of-charges-2020-2021.pdf?sfvrsn=224533f0_69

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Yuser.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Hi just building my house moving in during summer and I'm applying for a new connection and I'm am trying to figure out what size of connection I need.

Its a new house 250sqm with A2W heat pump, MHRV, electric hob etc and I am putting in Solar PV. I don't have an EV yet but planning to have at least one in the next year or two.

There is only a single phase line next to me so 3p out of the question. Anyway I am thinking of going with the 20kVa can I get this on the single phase line and is 29kVa over kill. Based on the document below it says I can get 20kVa & 29kVa on 1p

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/docs/default-source/publications/approved-statement-of-charges-2020-2021.pdf?sfvrsn=224533f0_69
    16kva was the usual when I was doing them,

dual tariff/ nightsaver depending on the saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Anything over 16kva is starting to get special. 12kva used to be considered ‘standard’ domestic, with 16Kva typical where you have a heat pump.

Have you got a price from them for 20kva?

The EV is the big variable - if you wanted faster charging, that’s where a bigger supply may come in, but where do you draw the line - difficult to guess at the moment.

Advertisement