Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

The Claddagh walkway

• 21-12-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭ Notch000

is it time to reopen the walkway around the Claddagh basin, seem stupid to have it closed off since a few student went bushing there last September.
    its a very popular walking spot/trail. The foot path on the road side it too narrow for buggies and wheel chair users, nearly same a family getting clipped by a motorist on this stretch yesterday.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

There is no need to keep it closed for covid anyway.
    Being outdoors makes it very difficult/impossible to spread infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,889 ✭✭✭✭ Mrs OBumble

Notch000 wrote: »
    is it time to reopen the walkway around the Claddagh basin, seem stupid to have it closed off since a few student went bushing there last September.
    its a very popular walking spot/trail. The foot path on the road side it too narrow for buggies and wheel chair users, nearly same a family getting clipped by a motorist on this stretch yesterday.

Footpath on the other side is fine though.

The seagulls have reclaimed Middle Arch, leave it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭ ratracer

It was closed in the summer to stop crowds of people bushing! I don’t think that’s gonna be an issue at this time of year, so I’d agree, it should be re-opened. It’s bad enough the Spanish Arch side of the river looking like a disgraceful sh1t show with the poxy orange sausage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko

ratracer wrote: »
    It was closed in the summer to stop crowds of people bushing! I don’t think that’s gonna be an issue at this time of year, so I’d agree, it should be re-opened. It’s bad enough the Spanish Arch side of the river looking like a disgraceful sh1t show with the poxy orange sausage!

Let's remove the "disgraceful sh1t show with the Pixy sausage" and let the place flood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭ ratracer

Let's remove the "disgraceful sh1t show with the Pixy sausage" and let the place flood

Or, maybe, put in a proper flood defence system instead of that eyesore that probably cost as much to rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko

ratracer wrote: »
    Or, maybe, put in a proper flood defence system instead of that eyesore that probably cost as much to rent.

Fund have been allocated but the usual suspects don't want a wall built so we are stuck with the temporary measure until it's resolved through the planning process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭ Your Face

Must be a quiet night at the taxi rank.

Advertisement