Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Claddagh walkway

  • 21-12-2020 10:42am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭


    is it time to reopen the walkway around the Claddagh basin, seem stupid to have it closed off since a few student went bushing there last September.
    its a very popular walking spot/trail. The foot path on the road side it too narrow for buggies and wheel chair users, nearly same a family getting clipped by a motorist on this stretch yesterday.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko


    There is no need to keep it closed for covid anyway.
    Being outdoors makes it very difficult/impossible to spread infection.


  • Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble


    Notch000 wrote: »
    is it time to reopen the walkway around the Claddagh basin, seem stupid to have it closed off since a few student went bushing there last September.
    its a very popular walking spot/trail. The foot path on the road side it too narrow for buggies and wheel chair users, nearly same a family getting clipped by a motorist on this stretch yesterday.

    Footpath on the other side is fine though.

    The seagulls have reclaimed Middle Arch, leave it to them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ratracer


    It was closed in the summer to stop crowds of people bushing! I don’t think that’s gonna be an issue at this time of year, so I’d agree, it should be re-opened. It’s bad enough the Spanish Arch side of the river looking like a disgraceful sh1t show with the poxy orange sausage!


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko


    ratracer wrote: »
    It was closed in the summer to stop crowds of people bushing! I don’t think that’s gonna be an issue at this time of year, so I’d agree, it should be re-opened. It’s bad enough the Spanish Arch side of the river looking like a disgraceful sh1t show with the poxy orange sausage!

    Let's remove the "disgraceful sh1t show with the Pixy sausage" and let the place flood


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ratracer


    Let's remove the "disgraceful sh1t show with the Pixy sausage" and let the place flood

    Or, maybe, put in a proper flood defence system instead of that eyesore that probably cost as much to rent.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko


    ratracer wrote: »
    Or, maybe, put in a proper flood defence system instead of that eyesore that probably cost as much to rent.

    Fund have been allocated but the usual suspects don't want a wall built so we are stuck with the temporary measure until it's resolved through the planning process


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face


    Must be a quiet night at the taxi rank.


Advertisement