Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Smoke Alarms

Options
  • 21-12-2020 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to purchase smart smoke alarms that are interconnected for each room.

I have eight rooms in total, okay the Google Nest will suffice but they 100e each, I cannot justify 800e on smoke alarms.

The reason for the smart function is I would like to know if one room triggers if I am not at home.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

EI have interlinked ones. They also have an interface for intruder alarms like hkc. So if you have a smart alarm they can hook into that.

Also some of the alarm companies like siemens and hkc have smoke detectors as part of their range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Stoner wrote: »
    EI have interlinked ones. They also have an interface for intruder alarms like hkc. So if you have a smart alarm they can hook into that.

Also some of the alarm companies like siemens and hkc have smoke detectors as part of their range.

Fantastic thank you, I have a HKC alarm system recently installed. This will do perfect so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank43

Hi stevek93, can I ask what was the prices and model no's of the alarms you eventually purchased and also were they easy to connect to the Hkc alarm?

Advertisement