Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from 2 naps to 1

• 20-12-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

Just wondering how old your baby was when you changed from 2 naps to 1. My little guy is 13 months old and I'm thinking of making the change in the next month or so. He does take 2 naps but it means waking him in the morning and waking him from his naps, to prevent a nap too late in the afternoon, which would cause too late of a bedtime. Just wondering what the average age for the change is. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My first was about 13 months. He stopped going to sleep at his normal first nap time so that nap was pushed later and then there was no time for a 2nd. It can be a tough transition for a few weeks because they can be cranky towards bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Minier81

Our went to 1 nap around 12 months. To be honest this was because she joined creche then and they tried putting her down for a nap in the morning,but she had FOMO and would not nap when the older ones (13-18months) in her room weren't napping. She did 2 naps occasionally at home but only 1 during the week. For her it was a bit too soon, I do think most are down to 1 by 15 months though. It totally depends on the child. I would go baby lead, let them pass their usual nap time once they are not clearly tired. For most kids the first nap gradually gets later and later and eventually there is no time for a second nap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I think my daughter was nearing 14 months when she moved to one nap. She just started staying awake during what would be her first nap time and I would try keep her awak3 until the second nap time. I feel like they kind of guide you so just watch what your little one is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Mine is 14 months. He was sick last month and we kept him off crèche, his sleeping patterns just naturally changed that week as he was so cranky that he wouldn’t go for his early nap, then napped for longer later. I still find him getting cranky after 5 ish so I’m not sure if he’s really ready for the change.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes about 14 months on mine alright.You might find the one nap needs to be around 11.30/12 for a while and you could gradually move it back towards 12.30/1 after a bit, depending on morning wake-up times obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Nearly 14 months here and she’s transitioning to 1 nap. Only does one nap in Creche but I still put her down for 2 but I can see she’s nearly done with 2. Her first nap is just going a bit later. She’s also going to bed fierce early. Half 5/6 and she’s not up again until 7:30-8.

Advertisement