Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulation suggestion for boiler door

Options
  • 20-12-2020 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭

My boiler is warped badly to the point someone siliconed it to seal.... I'm looking at having to replace it completely.
    It's an outside one and the insulation is pretty much non existent....

Question for Yee, for now what insulation would be suitable to put inside the door as the Flexi inlet fuel line burst in the freezing condition, I caught in time no damage or major leak so cleaned it up good and replaced.

MOVED TO A NEW THREAD
    Wearb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭jimf

it sounds like you need a new boiler

whatever insulation you put in wont really help much old age and never replaced is probably the hose leak cause

just note any insulation you use can get sucked into the air intake and cause your boiler to soot up

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jimf wrote: »
    it sounds like you need a new boiler

whatever insulation you put in wont really help much old age and never replaced is probably the hose leak cause

just note any insulation you use can get sucked into the air intake and cause your boiler to soot up

Yes I was expecting that was just wondering would something get me through this year hopefully, the pipe is actually right up against the inside of the door and was only replaced not long before imo. Looked very fresh.

Advertisement