Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarantine in Abu Dhabi

Options
  • 20-12-2020 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Is anyone well informed on this?

I have a question.

I know a 14 day quarantine is necessary in Abu Dhabi but not Dubai.

What I can’t find any answer to, even from the hotel is whether being on the hotel’s grounds is enough to satisfy the quarantine? Or must I stay in my room?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Hello,
    Currently 14 Quarantine is just that. 14 Days - no wandering about the hotel. Tourists are currently not allowed fly into Abu Dhabi from what I know.
    Options are:
    - Travel to Dubai and go down to Abu Dhabi and get the wrist tracker and quarantine for 14 days.
    - Travel and stay in Dubai until after 14 days (no quarantine if you stay in Dubai)

This is all subject to change and there has been rumour's some of the quarantine restrictions will be lifted with some countries on a safe list however, I would not be surprised if that doesnt go ahead especially with Dubai/UK corridor and London now in Tier 4 and every Tom, Dick and Harry escaping to Dubai....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Sir_Name wrote: »
    Hello,
    Currently 14 Quarantine is just that. 14 Days - no wandering about the hotel. Tourists are currently not allowed fly into Abu Dhabi from what I know.
    Options are:
    - Travel to Dubai and go down to Abu Dhabi and get the wrist tracker and quarantine for 14 days.
    - Travel and stay in Dubai until after 14 days (no quarantine if you stay in Dubai)

This is all subject to change and there has been rumour's some of the quarantine restrictions will be lifted with some countries on a safe list however, I would not be surprised if that doesnt go ahead especially with Dubai/UK corridor and London now in Tier 4 and every Tom, Dick and Harry escaping to Dubai....

Thanks. So Abu Dhabi is closed to tourists even with negative PCR test?

Now that I read a little more that seems to be the case. The hotel should have just told me.

Flying into Abu Dhabi is closed - however as I said this was due to change. Numerous people have been flying into Dubai and travelling down.

Depending on your dates they may have thought you could travel in. The expectation was that last wed/thurs an announcement was due to say borders etc were open (from the 24th I think) but it never came. Some people say it be might be Mon/Tues...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Everything Sir Name has said is correct :)

You can deduct the amount of days you spend in Dubai from your quarantine time in Abu DHabi too. I'm going to do 2 or 3 days in Dubai before heading down.

Although I'm hoping the quarantine will have been lifted or reduced by that time.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Everything Sir Name has said is correct :)

You can deduct the amount of days you spend in Dubai from your quarantine time in Abu DHabi too. I'm going to do 2 or 3 days in Dubai before heading down.

Although I'm hoping the quarantine will have been lifted or reduced by that time.

Good luck! And yeah, I forgot that, you can split your quarantine but tracker will still be put on.
    Even with things changing again and Saudi now ceasing all international travel I would be surprised if there was an opening to tourists!

• Advertisement

Good luck! And yeah, I forgot that, you can split your quarantine but tracker will still be put on.
    Even with things changing again and Saudi now ceasing all international travel I would be surprised if there was an opening to tourists!

Thanks! My connection is via Heathrow so I just hope I can get there at all.

Thanks! My connection is via Heathrow so I just hope I can get there at all.

Not to put the wind up you, but I do think that travel flight ban into the UK will be extended so might be worth looking to see if you can fly from Dublin.

Not to put the wind up you, but I do think that travel flight ban into the UK will be extended so might be worth looking to see if you can fly from Dublin.

It's a distinct possiblity but I'm also not a teacher and I'm working in an industry that has been severly effected in Abu Dhabi and we technically still have no work to get back to so I'm not under extreme pressure. Although I'd much rather be going back to Abu Dhabi!
    Even my boss is stuck in the UK so he can't give out to me :pac:

Looks at Dubai between the 30th to 3rd. Short break I know. If anyone hears anything on changes to restrictions let me know.

Looks at Dubai between the 30th to 3rd. Short break I know. If anyone hears anything on changes to restrictions let me know.

Dubai doesn't have quarantine time. You get a test on arrival and isolate until you're negative and then you're free to move.

Abu Dhabi announced today that green list countries don't need to isolate and non green list countries now need to isolate for 10 days as opposed to 14.

• Advertisement

Dubai doesn't have quarantine time. You get a test on arrival and isolate until you're negative and then you're free to move.

Abu Dhabi announced today that green list countries don't need to isolate and non green list countries now need to isolate for 10 days as opposed to 14.

What’s the normal time between the test and the result do you know?

Less than 24 hours in Abu Dhabi - assume Dubai is similar

Are you sure you have to be tested and wait for a result in Dubai if you completed a PCR test in your native country within 96 hours of flight departure?

Yes, you do.

Tourists can now fly in to Abu Dhabi though. If you're on a green list country you'll just have to isolate for a negative result and then you are free to move like it is in Dubai. If you're traveling from a non-green list country then you isolate for 10 days and get a test on day 8.

FYI, Ireland is NOT on the green list. All the Brits fault :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Are you sure you have to be tested and wait for a result in Dubai if you completed a PCR test in your native country within 96 hours of flight departure?

I thought this was the case with Dubai. Do the test before you fly.

Advertisement