Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses you've used to get codeine over the counter

Options
  • 20-12-2020 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

We've all been there, needing some pain relief that is strong and trying to convince the pharmacist you need solpadeine or neurofen plus

My go to was either the missus is on her period or better yet, I hurt my back playing golf and won't get to a doctor until after the weekend

What's your go to story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

We've all been there, needing some pain relief that is strong and trying to convince the pharmacist you need solpadeine or neurofen plus

My go to was either the missus is on her period or better yet, I hurt my back playing golf and won't get to a doctor until after the weekend

What's your go to story?

Toothache, Migraine etc. No real issue "convincing" anyone as I'd genuinely be suffering with some ailment to buy it. The period one is probably the most common one I heard working on the other side of the counter. The back injury one leaves yourself open to upselling:D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

This is a real gun, so hand over the Solpadeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You're looking worse for the wear OP

4r1005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

g1EL.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

It is suggested that the problem could be somewhat reduced if codeine’s legal status was changed to prescription-only, as was done recently in Australia and Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dunfyy wrote: »
    It is suggested that the problem could be somewhat reduced if codeine’s legal status was changed to prescription-only, as was done recently in Australia and Italy.

Doctors would definitely be in favour of €60 you needing a prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

One pack lasts me ages as I only take it when I get a migraine. They always ask me have you tried X instead so I usually just say I've gotten a tooth out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Ask for heroin and then settle for solpadeine after a big row with them

Don't think I have ever had it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Don't think I have ever had it.

Heroin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Codeine based drugs may be legal but Boards is not the place to promote or discuss how to circumvent the restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement