Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house carrying tracker mortgage

Options
  • 19-12-2020 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone moved house and carried their tracker mortgage?

My current mortgage is with PTSB - Tracker. Looking to move house. Contacted PTSB via branch - got approved for €300K - need €380K to be able to move.
    I used their online calculator which shows using my salary and my partners we qualify for a mortgage of up to €450K.
    Just wondering if anyone had issues getting a mortgage whilst carrying their tracker rate?
    Substantial differences in what branch will lend to what the online tool suggests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

PaulieF wrote: »
    Has anyone moved house and carried their tracker mortgage?

My current mortgage is with PTSB - Tracker. Looking to move house. Contacted PTSB via branch - got approved for €300K - need €380K to be able to move.
    I used their online calculator which shows using my salary and my partners we qualify for a mortgage of up to €450K.
    Just wondering if anyone had issues getting a mortgage whilst carrying their tracker rate?
    Substantial differences in what branch will lend to what the online tool suggests.

We had a tracker with AIB and they have a special tracker retention approval can't do the usual online app.
    Basically they offer a split mortgage. The balance of the tracker at a slightly higher rate over the same period and the rest on the market rate STV.
    Originally there was mention that the tracker retention had to be drawdown within 12 months, but with the bad press they seem to have dropped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

BOI have tracker mover scheme.
    Balance of tracker mortgage + 1% & remaining amount needed for new mortgage at prevailing rate.
    Only valid for 6 months from date of sale of property that had tracker mortgage.

Advertisement