Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please, missing channels because sky viewing card has given up.

Options
  • 18-12-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. My parents sky viewing card has given up. Have gone through resetting and still no joy.

It will take 7 - 10 days to get a new card. In the meantime we can still get some channels but no rte, virgin, sky....

They have a smart tv and it is an old sky box.

Can someone tell me how we can get the missing channels back or even just the free to air.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Saorview enabled TV? Get an Arial and stick in it will give you the Irish channel....

Not sure on TV but some you can plug the sat in from sky box to it and get the UK Freeview channel such as BBC and channel 4 etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

say make and model of TV. Was it a sky pay card or a FREE TO AIR one?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Log on to eBay UK and purchase an unused sky card
    Gets you lots of free channels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

LenWoods wrote: »
    Log on to eBay UK and purchase an unused sky card
    Gets you lots of free channels

You reckon that will arrive much quicker than the replacement card?

I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

What channels are you looking for?
    If it's the rte and virgin channels, just plug in a TV aerial and do a scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

You reckon that will arrive much quicker than the replacement card?

I doubt it!

Ideally get a sky DRX595C connected to its own feed from the existing satellite and leave it plugged in with the UK card permanently to operate along side your subscription box,
    The cards are also available from sat planet in Ireland and adverts which may arrive quicker this time of year,
    Link:
    http://sat-planet.ie/FREESAT-VIEWING-CARD?search=Viewing card
    It won't display any Irish channels, and sky subscription cards which your likely to receive from sky used to be issued from Scotland I'm not sure if that ever changed. So this may arrive sooner I'm not a gambling man I can't really suggest which will arrive first however both deliver a promise.

Advertisement