Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apparently I am becoming a bald Werewolf

• 18-12-2020 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭

So, it started in my early 40's if memory serves, my nose hairs become more vigorous, then hairs started appearing on my shoulders and back, these days I have to shave my ears as well every couple of weeks.

Slowly but surely the transformation is happening.

I started losing my head hair pretty much around the time I finished growing in my teens and am pretty much bald now, but everywhere else appears to be trying to compensate.
    I'm pretty sure this is normal, my earliest related memory was of going on a school trip to Inis Iorr and staying in a house there minded by one of our teachers. Mr McCabe (rest his soul) shaved his nose and ears every morning with a razer blade, very impressive in a young man's eye, hardcore.

From a scientific viewpoint is there a reason for human males to have this happen as they age, quite curious why evolution went down this path?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

I dont know the answer but am very keen to add a question to your rather graphic epistle, which relates to old men and enlarged ears.

My own, late, grandfather was a relatively handsome looking chap in his younger days with an unremarkable set of ears.
    In his later years, not only was he alarmingly hirsute as you describe, he somehow developed a large set of ears of elephantine proportions, causing him to resemble a rather striking Masai tribesmen.

Something hormonal, presumably. I wonder if the rest of us can do anything to avoid this tragic fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zomoradi

40s are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Supercell wrote: »
    So, it started in my early 40's if memory serves, my nose hairs become more vigorous, then hairs started appearing on my shoulders and back, these days I have to shave my ears as well every couple of weeks.

Slowly but surely the transformation is happening.

You wait, it get worse.

I have a many years on you, and I shave my ears every time the razors out. If I forget a few times I find inch long tufts growing up in an Elf like fashion.

In addition while the hair on my head is very thin and weak, the hair on my ears (and elsewhere) has developed into a pubic variant, like strands pulled from steel wool.

I also now have to cut hairs out of my eyebrows as they too grow like pubic tentacles. Elsewhere its no better, with previously pink parts getting progressively more pubic. Getting ready to go out (ahh those days) involves my wife cutting out the most embarrassing bits until we reach a point where she will accompany me to the pub.

The condition seems rife in Kerry as several of my farming neighbours sport similar eyebrows and ears, including some woman (I think).

Like you I would be interested to know the mechanism for this increased hair growth.

Must go, Full Moon tonight.

Advertisement