Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death record

Options
  • 17-12-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help with my search for a death record.
    It's for Hugh McDonnell who was married and living outside Balbriggan in North County Dublin.
    Hugh married Ellen Melia 28-01-1867 in Balbriggan RC Church.
    They had a few children. Last one I can find registered to both was born in 1871.

A child registered to Ellen only was born in 1877.
    Ellen remarried 25-02-1879 and is noted as a widow.

Apologies if this turns out to be an easy find and something I've overlooked.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just took a look. No Hugh McDonnell deaths in Balrothery SRD in that decade.
    There's just 11 people called Hugh but none look like a mistranscription of McDonnell.

It's possible that his death was unregistered, which happened a lot in the early years.

Have you considered that he was elsewhere when he died or possibly in a hospital in the city?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stutoken

Yes I've tried a few different iterations of name and different locations but no success yet. I've searched civil records on Irish genealogy and searched rootsireland.
    No death records for Balbriggan parish on NLI.
    Thanks

There is hardly ever any burial records for the RC church in general.

You may be out of luck, but also check the main graveyards on Buried in Fingal and the municipals, just in case.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stutoken

No luck on buried in fingal.
    I have found the website useful when searching for more recent burials in Balbriggan cemetery. The area Hugh was living would be close to Balrothery and records for it not very good. I have searched previously for a burial from mid 1970s for Balrothery cemetery and not on the fingal site.
    Any other useful sites for searching for burial records?
    Thanks

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement