Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBI: How to update incorrect eircode on rollout map?

Options
  • 17-12-2020 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know the correct process to follow regarding incorrect or missing eircode details on the NBI rollout map ?

My parent's house is flagged up with what appears to be a nonsensical eircode and I'd like to get it corrected so they don't hit any problems down the line when the area is hooked up next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is the eircode incorrect on the he NBI rollout map only and correct on the Eircode website?

If so send NBI an email with the details.

IIRC from their documentation, if they don't have an eircode for a property they assign a different address identifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stephen.dunne

" if they don't have an eircode for a property they assign a different address identifier. "

That's interesting, that suggests that the code seen is some sort of internal reference and leaving that in place for now may not be problematic.

I'll fire off an email to them anyhow and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

From the NBI documentation, eircode vs. location code
    Inclusion in the Intervention Area (IA) is determined by a spatial look-up between the geo-coordinates of the building as defined by GeoDirectory and the Amber Area Spatial Map provided by the DCCAE.

Where GeoDirectory does not provide an Eircode for a building, NBI will assign a unique 8-character Location Code for the property to support Eligibility & Order Management purposes. Eircodes or Location Codes can be identified at either Building or Unit level. If no Eircode exists at the unit, the unit inherits the one assigned at the building.

Eligibility will be supported based on Eircode/Location Code – i.e. all connections to this Service Location are eligible for the same products.
    Location Code:

• Used by NBI where no Eircode exists for a building
    • Where the Eircode and premises relationship cannot be determined (e.g. an apartment block with 6 Eircodes and 7 premises assigned to the building – in this scenario, 1 Location Code will be created)

Location Code - NBI Reference ID - Unique 8 character code supplied by NBI identifying the service location, where no Eircode value has been assigned - e.g. NNEW6T3E
    The Service Provider can determine a premises eligibility on the platform primarily using the Eircode assigned to each residential/business address, but also can use the associated Location Code assigned to each premises.

Advertisement