Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone ONT

Options
  • 17-12-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys , I've Voda Gig BB and was wondering if there would be any advantages to removing the Vodafone Router and connecting the ONT directly to my Asus ZenWiFi AX (XT8) ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

sharkman wrote: »
    Guys , I've Voda Gig BB and was wondering if there would be any advantages to removing the Vodafone Router and connecting the ONT directly to my Asus ZenWiFi AX (XT8) ??

Do you have a phone line via the Vodafone router? If so, you'll need to keep it.

Does the ASUS system support VLAN tagging as you need to use it

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Do you have a phone line via the Vodafone router? If so, you'll need to keep it.

Does the ASUS system support VLAN tagging as you need to use it

Don’t use the phone and yes the ASUS supports Vlan

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I've removed the Gigabox and replaced with a mn ASUS AX56U and the WiFi stability has improved massively. Plugged straight into the ONT. No issues. The required settings are on another thread here.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've removed the Gigabox and replaced with a mn ASUS AX56U and the WiFi stability has improved massively. Plugged straight into the ONT. No issues. The required settings are on another thread here.

Any chance of a link to the thread ..

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

Any chance of a link to the thread ..

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058136410/1/#post115470211

That's link there. You just need the serial number of the Gigabox, its on the sticker on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

This the ZenWifi work ok in the end?

Advertisement