Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get FIIDO electric bike in black??

Options
  • 17-12-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

Trying to locate one for my son for Xmas. Only appear to be available Here in white. Any overseas don’t accept vouchers and wouldn’t arrive in time anyway.

Does anyone know A shop in Ireland where I can get a fiido d1 in black and where one4all cycle to work vouchers are accepted.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Only their own shop but you'd be cutting it close for Christmas. https://fiido.ie/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

This said, just to warn you before others jump down your throat, they are not road legal as they can be operated as an electric motorcycle (ie not pedal assist), so if your kid is young, make sure your happy with handing them a motorbike which if they use on the road they could be popped for driving uninsured, untaxed and so on. Not preaching but someone will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

CramCycle wrote: »
    Only their own shop but you'd be cutting it close for Christmas. https://fiido.ie/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

This said, just to warn you before others jump down your throat, they are not road legal as they can be operated as an electric motorcycle (ie not pedal assist), so if your kid is young, make sure your happy with handing them a motorbike which if they use on the road they could be popped for driving uninsured, untaxed and so on. Not preaching but someone will be.

Thanks. I was on to those guys and they only have one in white.
    I wasn’t aware they were illegal, don’t know much about them to be honest.Assumed they were pedal assist, they look very basic. But yes I guess I’ll have the usual suspects berate me.
    My son is 17 So I’d say he’ll be okay.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

have you checked on facebook marketplace, there are loads of small shops listing them

Thanks. I was on to those guys and they only have one in white.
    I wasn’t aware they were illegal, don’t know much about them to be honest.Assumed they were pedal assist, they look very basic. But yes I guess I’ll have the usual suspects berate me.
    My son is 17 So I’d say he’ll be okay.

Thanks

Two people I work with have them and say they are grand, but they say the batteries are sh1te, they both use them as pedal assist as the ebike mode simply doesn't last for long enough and, in their words, is really slow. They also aren't fast should your son want to use it legally off road, he won't be hammering it around. This in no way helps you find one for sale, but might put your mind at ease for other reasons.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

CramCycle wrote: »
    Two people I work with have them and say they are grand, but they say the batteries are sh1te, they both use them as pedal assist as the ebike mode simply doesn't last for long enough and, in their words, is really slow. They also aren't fast should your son want to use it legally off road, he won't be hammering it around. This in no way helps you find one for sale, but might put your mind at ease for other reasons.

I'd disagree slightly with this. It'll sit comfortably at 25kmh and you'll get about 20km distance at in full eBike mode at that pace. Obviously that depends on rider weight, terrain etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Don't know how they get away with selling them! Leaving themselves wide open for a legal case in the event of a serious accident!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

absolutely no issue with selling them, they're perfectly legal to sell. it's using them on a public road which is illegal, and the manufacturer/retailer has no responsibility for their use at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Am I the only person who cannot stand these hideous looking effort of a bike?!

antodeco wrote: »
    I'd disagree slightly with this. It'll sit comfortably at 25kmh and you'll get about 20km distance at in full eBike mode at that pace. Obviously that depends on rider weight, terrain etc

It's anecdoetal but South Dublin, guessing about 70 to 90kg so nothing mental. Maybe they just got a bad battery or something.

Advertisement