Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whirlpool Fan Oven

• 16-12-2020 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi everyone.
    We have a whirlpool fan assisted oven a few years old. The last while it does not cook the food as well as it did.
    It is taking 50 minutes to cook what it took 30 minutes previously.
    While I think it may be the rear circular heating element. How do I determine if it is not a thermostat or temp sensor ?
    I dont mind getting some parts for it looks easy enough to fit .
    Any tips on this is much appreciated in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

once you are getting heat up that discards the element, I would think the most likely culprit is the fan motor, it should spin at full speed not build up slowly, if the temp control was faulty the way its cooking now should be either under/over cooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭hanloj1

Our oven was going same, the main element was damaged/degraded. Oven was taking ages to heat as the grill element was only working. Our oven isn't fan assisted, just replaced element with similar sized one.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Thanks for the replies guys . I was having a look at it and trying different settings to see what is the culprit . It looks like the base element is not heating at all . I have a new one on order I suppose it’s a good excuse to give it a deep clean and going over . Thanks

Advertisement