Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways you are privileged/unprivileged?

Options
  • 16-12-2020 7:53pm
    Site Banned Posts: 9

Privileged: I suppose for me being born into a middle class family and getting dual Irish/Canadian citizenship would be one.

Unprivileged: I have ADHD and can't focus on anything.

Comments

Privilaged: born in waterford

Un-privilaged: we lost the all ireland last sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Privileged: I grew up in the beautiful countryside in rural Ireland, where I often visit.

Unprivileged: I don't come from Dublin where all of the Jobs are so I have to pay expensive rent. I wish I could live at home with mammy and daddy in Ranelagh to save more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭PopZiggy

Privileged: I am extremely intelligent.
    Underprivileged:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Privileged: You work for the music festival, you receive a wristband that will give you access to crew camping and other areas such as areas you might be guarding.

Unprivileged: Festival punter with normal wristband, will give you access to gigs and festival camping but lots of areas to do with running the festival will be closed to you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Privileged: Yes
    Unprivileged: Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

Good looks, Smart

Bad Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Privileged : I can drive a car on the road

Unprivileged : I got to share the same roads with a lot of f**kers that clearly can't

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

P - born in middle class first world
    U - born in social conservative environment with social anxuety

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Privilaged: born in waterford

Un-privilaged: we lost the all ireland last sunday :(

Priviliged; born in Limerick
    Unpriviliged: we don't have a 3 in a row this year

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Ways im privileged:

Im a millionaire. My family are millionaires. I could do nothing for my entire life and I'll be fine. I understand the a large swathe of people have to worry about their next paycheck but I do not.

Ways im underprivileged:

Being raised and groomed to be a financial expert in terms of the ins and outs of everything related to money means that I was homeschooled a lot - Not many friends outside the circle introduced by my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Privileged - I'm a straight white male, so I've never had to worry about facing discrimination based on my sexuality, my skin colour or my gender.

I had a very comfortable upbringing, with parents and grandparents who saw the value in teaching me to read and write before I started primary school. It gave me an enormous head-start and a love of, like, reading and stuff.

Unprivileged - A tendency towards depression and anxiety from a very early age meant that I missed out on a lot of stuff as a teenager and in early adulthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Privileged to live in a free, modern western capitalist state.
    Unprivileged to have to listen to wnkrz complain about how bad it is all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Privilege: Winning the cosmic lottery of being born a sentient being able to place oneself in the awesomeness and mystery of the universe.

Unprivileged: Not right in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Ways im privileged:

Im a millionaire. My family are millionaires. I could do nothing for my entire life and I'll be fine. I understand the a large swathe of people have to worry about their next paycheck but I do not.

Ways im underprivileged:

Being raised and groomed to be a financial expert in terms of the ins and outs of everything related to money means that I was homeschooled a lot - Not many friends outside the circle introduced by my family.

Unprivileged, grew up rough and poor.

Privileged, boards is a great place to find potential tiger kidnapping leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

P: big dong.

U: no off the rack underpants can support such a big dong.

Life is cruel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Unprivileged, grew up rough and poor.

Privileged, boards is a great place to find potential tiger kidnapping leads.

and ask for what exactly?

CME futures? Short/Long commodity positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ways im privileged:

Ways im underprivileged:

Now I'm humming that i'm a millionaire tune from the Millionaire lotto draw.

And I've got more money..........than a horse has hair....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Privileged : Being born in the West

Unprivileged : Not being born a woman

Advertisement