Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia 5 ii with "free headphones"

Options
  • 16-12-2020 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I got the Xperia 5 ii from Eir and there is a promo on where you can get a pair of headphones.

You can see it here:
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/sony-xperia-5ii-5g

So I got the phone and I made the claim for the headphones.

I needed to upload a copy of the receipt and a photo of sticker on the box with the IMEI number.

I did both and the pictures were both perfectly clear, but now I get an email from Sony saying that they want me to physically cut the box with the sticker on it, put the piece on a plain background and take another photo.

This is seems crazily unreasonable as I like to keep all my boxes for both posterity and maybe if I wanna sell the phone later.

Nowhere in the original submission of documents did they say I had to physically destroy the box to get the headphones.

Is it an anti-fraud/returns measure? It's pretty dumb if you ask me.

Does anyone else find this policy unreasonable?

The phone is legit amazing though in fairness.

Advertisement