Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Dub accent

Options
  • 16-12-2020 11:47am
    Site Banned Posts: 9

Does anyone else hate this accent? I met a good looking woman on the weekend and she opened her mouth...instantly lost attraction to her. Nice girl but couldn't tolerate the voice to be honest.

I'd rather an average looking girl with a D4 accent than a hot girl with a Flat Dub/Inner City accent. Anyone else agree?

Ireland seems to be strange in the sense that many people hate on those that speak 'posh'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

good man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I think that girl done well, getting away from you. Ah did you put cotton wool in your shallow little eardrums (the ones that match your personality) when you got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A nice upper received pronunciation accent any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Giving out about accents and then says wan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I use Google Translator for when I'm mingling with salt of the earth types. It only works when I stand on the ground mind you, the signal on my high-horse is terrible. :rolleyes:

536282.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A wan?

And you're criticising how people speak?

Only the Wexford accent is worse than D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Only the Wexford accent is worse than D4.

It's quare bad.

To thine own self be true

Does anyone else hate this accent? I met a good looking wan on the weekend and she opened her mouth...instantly lost attraction to her. Nice girl but couldn't tolerate the voice to be honest.

I'd rather an average looking girl with a D4 accent than a hot girl with a Flat Dub/Inner City accent. Anyone else agree?

Ireland seems to be strange in the sense that many people hate on those that speak 'posh'.

bored today Harry?? a bit familiar considering you were banging on about the same thing really relating to "DATING Leagues"..nuff said...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

there is a happy medium

a normal Dublin accent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

What is a flat Dublin accent?

A flat accent usually means less of an accent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Annnnnd we have culshies having an oul bitch about the Dubs. Again. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Just put something in her mouth to stop her talking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I think you mean that drawly type accent? It reminds me of my cousins who are from Marino/Fairview/Drumcondra. It's a very civil servant type accent.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 harrymcgowan

I think you mean that drawly type accent? It reminds me of my cousins who are from Marino/Fairview/Drumcondra. It's a very civil servant type accent.

Drumcondra? I thought Drumcondra/Whitehall was a posh area? (near DCU campus). I'm talking about the Ballymun, Finglas type of accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Drumcondra? I thought Drumcondra/Whitehall was a posh area? (near DCU campus).

Mmmmm...no. Just because the houses are big, it doesn't make it "posh".

I take it you're new up here Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

As a Dub with a Dub accent i understand what the OP is getting at.. a person is always gona receive a backlash for these type of topics but who cares.. some Dub accents are great.. some are not in my opinion.. i personally dont want to hear Ballyferrrrrrrrrrrrmaaaaaaaaaaaa either: the most extreme end of the Dublin accent is harsh to listen to.. certain posh accents also annoyed me but i think i'm more used to them now..

For the record I don't think posh people can be funny either - (there's another controversial topic to add in..)

There are other accents in Ireland that are horrible.. Carrickmacross

holy jaysis did ye ever hear the bleedin state of someone from that part of Monaghain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Jesus AH the most critical place on the planet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Id rather a Northside or inner city accent to a D4 one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Oh look a woman bashing and Dublin bashing thread rolled into one!

Stop talking s h i t e as we West Dubs say or do you prefer shoite op.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

It's quare bad.

The Gorey/Arklow accent has to be the worst in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭PopZiggy

I know I shouldn't, but whenever I hear an inner city Dub accent I straight away think "scumbag". I know it's wrong but I can't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Russian accent on a guy or go home.

Advertisement